• Quick Navigation
Photo

Export Health Certificate for Products of Animal Origin to the USA?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Danutza80

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi,

Does anybody know more about Export of products containing poultry ingredients with dairy ingredients to the United States of America and also containing beef gelatin?

What are US requirements on these type of products? Does anybody know of  any guidelines or codes of practice?

I am finding difficulties to get an EHC from AHVLA Carlisle  as our import agent says we do not need import permits(our frozen desserts are not for retail and although shipped to US are not consumed there) but also saying that it is not normal for US authorities to decide what to declare on these EHC for our products and AHVLA Carlisle saying that on the health Information paragraph the products  contain and are processed has to be in  accordance with  the import country requirements (per USDA guidelines) as all of these will be on export health certificate and if not correctly declared this certificate cannot be valid!

Can anybody help me?  

Thank you.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've attached the link to the DEFRA website. Should help you. I know for some places in the USA you have to have a certificate but not for all.

http://www.defra.gov...h-certificates/

Caz x

Thanked by 1 Member:

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Not an expert on the area, but you should be aware of the new rules and requirements arising out of FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act). Here's a link to the FDA's web site with Fact Sheets - plenty of reading for you :)

http://www.fda.gov/F...ber_277006547#!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users