Hello I hope the Topic Title is meaningful enough I could'nt find another.
As I mentioned in my Introduction I'm a student for food packaging technology in Germany and I'm a trainee for a corrugator company to fulfill the BRC-IoP agreements.I have this standard right here.
So we produce some corrugated cardboards that have direct contact to food without any barrier:"High risk cat.1"
Established standards are GMP, FSC-Chain of Custody, PEFC, quality assurance program, ISO9001:2008, ...(I'm sure there are others but these are directly relied to BRC-IoP I think)
Feel free to ask for more informations!
Lets start right away with some questions:
- Regarding 4.8.1:Members at a e.g. cutter machine or corrugator machine do wash their hands at a water conduit witch is needed to wash away the colors from the printing cylinder. Is warm water and soap needed or is an assigment enough that says "Staff members have to wash their hands at given places".
- Regarding 4.11.3:The manufacturing hall has many roof hatches. Do they need fly screens or are flytraps (with light) enough (plus a risk assess).
- Regarding 4.2.1:Hardly reachable spots like a roof beam over a machine aren't easy to clean(spiderweb, dust). How accurate do they have to be for the auditor? Can the cleaning be a bit more careless?
- Do we need arrangements for the roof hatches against sudden rainfall e.g. Sensors? Or an assignment that they have to be closed generally.
- Are loose objects like eartips acceptable? Because they could fall into maschines because of its type of construction.
- There are cabines for the staff in the production hall: The employees use them to store their bags and water bottles (in lockers). The door has a closing mechanism but it's often locked so the doors are open.Is this a problem for the auditor?Is this a cause of risk?
- Regarding 4.8.2:A toilet opens more or less directly into a production hall(It opens into a open runway for the haulage contractors what is separated with a barrier for the lift trucks). The room starts with a straight washing room and to the right toilets.Would it be enough to set up a wall at the beginning of the room (with a door)?Or does this toilet meet the requirements?
Thats it for now I appreciate every information I can get!
Sorry for my english skills!