• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Hi all

New to the forum, seems to be some really good ideas floating around on here, I am currently in the process of setting up some glass breakage kits in each of our production areas, glass is at a minimum within our facility with the exception of the odd gauge etc so any breakages are very very rare however as a result of a recent update to one of our major customers quality standards we are now required to have them.

At the moment I basically want these kits to contain the following items: Disposable safety gloves, cordon off tape, dust pan and brush, a copy of our glass and hard plastics procedure, a copy of the SOP for dealing with breakages as well as a breakage log sheet which is required to be filled out in the event of a breakage, this would include a sign off from a quality delegate to give approval for production to re-commence after the reakage has been cleared up.

I am wondering if there are any people out there who have implemented similar kits and if so what kind of format did their breakage log sheet take on? Would love to see some examples if possible.

Cheers

Michael

bornyesterday

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I was curious as to whether there is a separate policy that prohibits tape-like substances.  Seems to me if you applied a clear film over the glass gauge, if it broke at least all of the pieces would stick together

“Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."  - Henry Ford

Shyguy77

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 120 posts
  • 62 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum and hope i can help you out a little bit.

We have a glass breakage procedure along with a glass breakage kit as well. Our kit contains primarily the same things you have mentioned in your post: Gloves, Overall, Booties, Flashlight, Dust pan and Brush. Along with our glass brake procedure and the Glass breakeage report.

Ive attached a generic version of our report for you to review.

Attached Files

Edited by jpredmore, 26 September 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Michael1984

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum and hope i can help you out a little bit.

We have a glass breakage procedure along with a glass breakage kit as well. Our kit contains primarily the same things you have mentioned in your post: Gloves, Overall, Booties, Flashlight, Dust pan and Brush. Along with our glass brake procedure and the Glass breakeage report.

Ive attached a generic version of our report for you to review.

Thanks for that jp, this has defo pointed me in the right direction.

Much appreciated :)

Michael

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Another example.

Regards,

Simon

Attached Files

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 2 Members:

Michael1984

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Thanks Simon :)

haccpmanager

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hi Michael

Looks to me like you are talking about WQA V8.

Unless your facility is huge you should only need one kit. Use a "Wheelie Bin" to contain your kit and it can then be easily transported to the breakage site.

If you wish to contact me directly I can assist you with a SOP and Glass Breakage Log.

Regards

Garry Dawson

Edited by Charles.C, 03 October 2013 - 02:44 AM.
advertising link removed

Thanked by 1 Member:

Michael1984

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

Hi Michael

Looks to me like you are talking about WQA V8.

Unless your facility is huge you should only need one kit. Use a "Wheelie Bin" to contain your kit and it can then be easily transported to the breakage site.

If you wish to contact me directly I can assist you with a SOP and Glass Breakage Log.

Regards

Garry Dawson

Hi Garry

Yes WQA V8, the upgrades from V7 have been huge and we are playing a bit of catch up but from what I am hearing in industry circles we are not alone, as for your suggestion about the wheelie bin im afraid it wouldnt work, we are a very large faclity with loads of different production areas and processes, the only way that these kits could be successfully implemented would be to have kits in each area, thanks for your suggestion though, much appreciated.

Cheers

Michael

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users