Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

I am hoping that someone can share experiences or provide suggestions for the most sensible certification scheme for us in the United States.

We source, receive, store, re-pack and distribute fresh produce. A few of our largest customers are asking that we seek GFSI recognized certification and we are currently investigating our options.

Any suggestions and past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

I am hoping that someone can share experiences or provide suggestions for the most sensible certification scheme for us in the United States.

We source, receive, store, re-pack and distribute fresh produce. A few of our largest customers are asking that we seek GFSI recognized certification and we are currently investigating our options.

Any suggestions and past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dear Noodle,

It's only a side-comment but AFAIK, GFSI does not "recognise" "certifications".

"GFSI has recognized a number of food safety management schemes that fulfill the criteria of the GFSI Guidance Document."

http://en.wikipedia....fety_Initiative

Not my specific area but there are certainly a number of US fresh produce packers active on this forum who wii comment eventually.

Can you inform which varieties of produce are of primary interest.? Some are more problematic than others as you are no doubt aware.

The requirement for the standard to be "recognised" by GFSI narrows the possibilities to, AFAIK, those listed here -

http://www.mygfsi.co...ed-schemes.html

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GFSI, Warehouse, united states, distributor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users