Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 78 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

My facility has recently gone through many changes and has added many new pieces of equipment. 

Where in the HACCP Plan should this be addressed?  Should I do a risk assessment on the new equipment?

Anish

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 158 posts
  • 74 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Are you new to the FSMS?. Better consult with your Food Safety Team Leader.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

My facility has recently gone through many changes and has added many new pieces of equipment. 

Where in the HACCP Plan should this be addressed?  Should I do a risk assessment on the new equipment?

Dear eflynn,

A little more info. might be useful ?

From memory, one of the typical requirements of haccp verification is to carry out a review of the haccp "plan"  whenever  "significant"  modifications to the product, process, environment etc have occurred (eg involving the hazard analysis, prerequisites, etc.)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Dear Weebus90:

If your plant is uder FSIS inspection,then the following regulation applies (see highlighted).

If you are under FDA inspection, then the new FSMA applies. I am not familiar enough with FSMA to direct you to applilcable sections...

417.4 Validation, Verification, Reassessment.

(a) Every establishment shall validate the HACCP plan’s adequacy in controlling the food safety hazards identified during the hazard analysis,

and shall verify that the plan is being effectively implemented.

(1) Initial validation. Upon completion of the hazard analysis and development of the HACCP plan, the establishment shall conduct activities designed to determine that the HACCP plan is functioning as intended. During this HACCP plan validation period, the establishment shall repeatedly test the adequacy of the CCP’s, critical limits, monitoring and recordkeeping procedures, and corrective actions set forth in the HACCP plan. Validation also encompasses reviews of the records themselves, routinely generated by the HACCP system, in the context of other validation activities.

(2) Ongoing verification activities. Ongoing verification activities include, but are not limited to:

(i) The calibration of process-monitoringinstruments;

(ii) Direct observations of monitoring activities and corrective actions; and

(iii) The review of records generatedand maintained in accordance with § 417.5(a)(3) of this part.

(3) Reassessment of the HACCP plan.

Every establishment shall reassess the adequacy of the HACCP plan at least annually and whenever any changes occur that could affect the hazard analysis or alter the HACCP plan. Such changes may include, but are not limited to, changes in: raw materials or source of raw materials; product formulation; slaughter or processing methods or systems; production volume; personnel; packaging; finished product distribution systems; or, the in accordance with § 417.7 of this part. The HACCP plan shall be modified immediately whenever a reassessment reveals that the plan no longer meets the requirements of § 417.2© of this part.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users