• Quick Navigation
Photo

Procedure or checklist on laundered work wear (ISO/TS22002-1 cl. 13.4)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

FSteammember04

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Good day

We are currently in process of upgrading our FSMS to FSSC. The current procedure on uniform washing was every personnel with an issue uniform they will be the one to laundry it. It was identified as a gap on clause 13.4. 

Can anyone help me, i have difficulty formulating a step to comply with it

Thank you

fsteammember

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Is it possible that the problem is that you have not designated in your policy the proper frequency and standard that they should be laundered at:

"All personnel have been instructed to launder their uniform after each product day used, in hot water, and with a cleaning detergent."

I'm fairly new to FFSC22000 so bear with me but from what you've said I have to wonder if that might be the part they are looking at not being specified.

At one of my previous companies the Quality Manager decided while going into FFSC22000 to have an outside company, CINTAS, provide and launder all of our uniforms rather than having the company supply them and the personnel wash them.

His reasoning behind this was that most people wash their clothes in warm or cold water and that is not sufficient to sanitize the clothes. He said that all work clothes should be washed in hot water to ensure they are fully cleaned.

I don't see a specific requirement in 13.4 that you have an outside company wash them nor that the company itself has to so I think if you spell out the requirement as a trained issue you might be alright.

Any other ideas guys?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Often standards say self-laundry is ok as long as you can validate the effectiveness of the process...and that's where the difficulty comes in.  You need policies, procedures on when and how to wash and verification and validation systems to check and prove that it has been done and done well.  Almost a full time job.  I would prefer to leave it to the professionals like you would with pest control etc

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users