Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

Hi, not sure if this is in the right sub-forum or not but here goes...

I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on the use of e-cigarettes? We currently have a food safety policy which stipulates the use of smoking on site eg we have designated smoking areas for employees which are outside.

I was recently approached by a member from our HR team with a question which had been put to her in regards to the use of e-cigarettes and if it would be appropriate for them to be used within the staff amenities eg the canteen, as they are a vapour, not actually cigarette smoke etc. Keeping in mind that the whole purpose of people using e-cigarettes is to quit, hence there would be an understandable reluctance to be sent outside to the designated smoking areas with the rest of the smokers.

I am not comfortable with allowing e-cigarettes to be used within amentities however I can understand the issues with being sent outside to the deisgnated smoking areas.

I am wondering if anyone has encountered similar problems or if anyone has a set policy in regards to this? The only solution maybe to ban them from the site but I would love to hear any other ideas.

Cheers

Michael

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

http://www.ifsqn.com...tes-vaporizors/

Hi Michael

We've already discussed this previously

The links above

Caz

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

My argument, that was echoed by the plant manager in my previous place, but was against the quality manager was that it is safer, there are studies linked on the NIH website that show its not unsafe to other people, there is no pungent bad odor, etc.

So far I haven't seen one good study that actually shows they are in any way dangerous to other people.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Also, and I can't remember if it's on my other post, less employees going outside to smoke will result in less environmental contamination from outside entering your facility. :shades:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users