Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

What are the consequences of not passing the 1st of the 2 audits for FSSC 22000 certification?

Does failing the 1st audit impact future audits? Is there a minimum length of time that a company must wait before re-scheduling the audit? I am trying to build a case to present to upper management that we are better off to wait until we know we are ready, rather than rush into the 1st audit.

Claudia_QP

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Paraguay
    Paraguay
  • Interests:FSMS, QMS, Food technology

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

It depends on the causes of the failure. If the corrective actions needed are complicated and difficult to implement you would have to wait longer.

ChocolatesMyGame

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

From my experience push to wait until you feel your company is ready.  I previously worked for a very large international company and when we were trying to get certified in FSSC 22000 corporate kept setting the date of the audit even though we knew we were clearly not ready.  The timeline was much too fast to implement changes and corrective actions and perform training.  Because of this push we failed the "1st" audit multiple times.  We had the same auditor return each time so he was frustrated that he continued to not see the progress he was expecting, but we knew we didn't have (corporate did not understand this).  I personally dislike having someone else come in and tell us we are doing things wrong when we already know this and are working to fix it, but just haven't completed it yet.  Timelines for audits should be realistic.  I can personally say that my experience was very embarrassing failing our first audit multiple times.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users