• Quick Navigation
Photo

Identification and Measurement of CCP's in a Fast Food Restaurant?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Hani El Baba

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Lebanon
    Lebanon

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hi all,

Can some one tell me how to identify  the CCP's  in the QSR (quick service restaurant,fast food) and and how  can you measure it?

Regards

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

First:  Welcome to IFSQN Hani.

Next:

What kind of fast food?

The only things I can think of that could be a CCP without any information is time and temperature for cooking products that might have harmful pathogens in them like fresh hamburgers for example.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Dear Hani El Baba,

Restaurants, fast food restaurants, cafes, snackbars, etc. here usually work with approved hygiene code.

I do not know if you have anything like that in Lebanon.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Hi all,

Can some one tell me how to identify  the CCP's  in the QSR (quick service restaurant,fast food) and and how  can you measure it?

Regards

Dear Hani El Baba,

There is a kind of generic "group" approach to yr situation depending on the product / process. Assuming traditional haccp, the typical result is CCPs at 2-3 stages but it can depend on yr specific process / local legislation.

The first 2 sub-links on linked page below should give you an introduction  -

http://www.fda.gov/f.../ucm2006810.htm

The 5th one is also quite informative regarding generic SOP procedures.

A huge USDA produced  (from memory) compilation of CCPs for different restaurant menu items (actually for schools) based on above logic also exists and is available on this forum (somewhere).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hani El Baba

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Lebanon
    Lebanon

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

Thank you all,

What i meant in QSR (chain restaurant) is an open kitchen concept for instance SUBWAY,and what in mind that the 3 important areas are receiving, storage and cooking, since preparation have done in a prep. center outside the outlet, so can we identify it as CCP in that areas in HACCP program or OPRP if we apply ISO 22000.

Regards

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Thank you all,

What i meant in QSR (chain restaurant) is an open kitchen concept for instance SUBWAY,and what in mind that the 3 important areas are receiving, storage and cooking, since preparation have done in a prep. center outside the outlet, so can we identify it as CCP in that areas in HACCP program or OPRP if we apply ISO 22000.

Regards

Hi Hani,

I think you need to let members know the type of products, is it just cold sandwich type or are you cooking & hot serving as well.

Regards,

Tony

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Yes please let us know the exact type of products your looking at.  If your not actually cooking and you are reheating then obviously cook time/temperature is not appropriate.

I've never actually worked in fast food (unless Dunkin Doughnuts counts lol).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users