• Quick Navigation
Photo

Does anybody have any experience with the 3M MLSII?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JMiller

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Does anybody have any experience with the 3M MLSII?  It is an ATP measuring device that we are currently using in hopes to eventually replace Micro Plates.  We are in the preliminary process of comparing RLU readings to plate readings (fresh/stressed/ and spoiled product samples).

I work in a Dairy plant and want as much info on this as possible.  I've been told  by our 3M rep that these machines are used more frequently in other countries, but we have one potential customer who wants us to use this technology as an everyday testing technique.  I have seen some pretty comparable data when it comes to plate counts vs. RLU readings, but I am not sure I can predict spoilage.

Any knowledge or experience would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I've never heard of it, and I'm in a dairy. My 3M rep has never mentioned it. Not sure how much use there is in UK.

I think most people here are using such things as the microfoss (its got a different name now, was taken over by Neogen a couple of years back) its pretty good, but we still carried out traditional testing. We did a lot of work with Campden to correlate our rapid results with traditional testing results. We primarily used to use it for positive release purposes.

Caz x

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

I am not aware of any data showing acceptable correlation data between ATP and micro counts. You will probably have to conduct a study to determine the degree of correlation. I use the PetriFilm, but my 3M rep has not mentioned the MLSII...

KTD

Katja

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

you just missed a free webinar from 3m called Introduction to  Environmental Monitoring, Sampling and Testing Programs.  The Cost of Failure.  they discussed the problems with using  ATP for determination of microbial counts.  You need to validate with a statistically significant sample size to be able to determine what your curve is between CFU and ATP.  Compare surface swab groth on plates CFU to ATP swab results for same surface in same general area.The expert on this webinar said although it was used it is not always reliable because ATP measures both dead and live cells so your results from ATP may be higher than surface swab and grown using culturing techniques.  Also to mention that you cannot swab the exact same surface as you may be removing the target during the first swab so there will be none on the second swab.  They must be next to each other but then again there may happen to be more of the microbial growth in one area than another...  Good luck

Thanked by 1 Member:

yasser

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

Does anybody have any experience with the 3M MLSII? we will use  ATP technology in tomato paste !!!!!

svg87

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

Does anybody have any experience with the 3M MLSII? we will use  ATP technology in tomato paste !!!!!

wa are an almond plant, we are currently determining the base line for this, this article helped us a lot!

http://solutions.3mc...ibute=ImageFile

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, RLU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users