• 45 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark
  • Interests:Photography, nature

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hellow again

I am about to update the section of supplier approval and approval of raw materials and wonders what to write in the section of "Exceptions".

I will write that only suppliers supplying products with influence on food safety and quality has to be approved (for instance rawmaterials and primary packaging). 

Just to be sure - are there somethings I have forgotten?  :smile:

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 284 posts
  • 107 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

My program states:

d.    Exceptions:
i.    In the event an ingredient or food contact surface package is received at the facility from a non-approved supplier it must first be inspected or analyzed and approved before use.  All requests should be documented on the “Request to Deviate from the Approved Supplier List”. A Certificate of Analysis or Product Guarantee from the supplier is also acceptable.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,596 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

You may want to request the temporary suppliers most recent 3rd Party Audit also.

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

Sharon

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

We produced a procedure that explained what to do in the instance of one off use, stock that was past its best before date, items that we needed in a hurry and could not follow the usual system, raw materials that we had loaned out to other companies that when they had returned them were not the same supplier as we gave etc.

Basically what it said was if the product was legal and was recommended from reliable source we could use them but must follow up as soon as possible.  In every instance we were required to raise an NCR

Thanked by 1 Member:

Sharon

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:21 AM

We produced a procedure that explained what to do in the instance of one off use, stock that was past its best before date, items that we needed in a hurry and could not follow the usual system, raw materials that we had loaned out to other companies that when they had returned them were not the same supplier as we gave etc.

Basically what it said was if the product was legal and was recommended from reliable source we could use them but must follow up as soon as possible.  In every instance we were required to raise an NCR

Sorry forgot to say that the raising of the NCR, is to give us quick traceability if there  is ever deemed to be a problem.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Conny T

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark
  • Interests:Photography, nature

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

Thankey for all answers - very helpfull :spoton:

I do have one last question - how do you handle buying from agents? We are about to buy frozen onions from an agent and I would send our questionnaire to the agent but BRC-auditor (BRC audit last week) did not mean that it was enough as we have to have focus on the producer and not the agent.

Shall I ask the agent to forward the questionnaire to his producer - and send one for him too?

Edited by Conny T, 27 March 2014 - 08:06 AM.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,596 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

The agent should be well versed in getting that information for you. If not, they should put you in touch with the facility that they are buying it from.

Kind Regards,

Setanta

-Setanta         

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users