• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Good morning my friends,

I have a question for my veteran HACCP peeps.

I am looking to have my HACCP recertified.  I originally received my certification from Guelph about 5 years ago.  My FSSC auditor was fine with that it (it was around 4-5 years at the time) he said that after 5 years recertification was generally required... which is fine I like being paid to go to trainings and the mileage helps for an extra paycheck lol.

(ok now it's time to be more serious)

So I was going to go to a basic HACCP course that is International HACCP Alliance approved which would be the same level of training as my original one.  The plant manager thinks that's kinda ho hum.

We looked at the Advanced course which the description said is kind of like a review of HACCP and then more into auditing HACCP plans.

Being a Quality Manager I guess it makes sense to go to the Advanced HACCP class.  But I'd like real people to tell me pros and cons to the courses and all of that.  Maybe some first hand testimony.

Also has anyone taken the International HACCP Alliance Train the Trainer course?  I didn't really see any kind of description on what it is.  Is it HACCP on crack?  Is it just how to train people in general?  Is it any good?

I'm at the middle point of my career progression and I want to make sure I'm getting the right things but not doing things I don't really need and waste my time and my companies money.

Thanks,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Bite the bullet and do the advanced HACCP

You always need to look at your next job! and unfortunately, some times you need to deviate!

Caz x

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Thanks, Caz, for your input.

I was thinking about heading in that direction.  It did say that it was good for people who perform internal audits on their facility and for suppliers...  I don't know that I'll ever do the latter but certainly the former.

At first I didn't think it was really a HACCP HACCP course (if that makes sense)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

debaduttajayaprakash

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Advance HACCP best for Quality manager and above roles as you never know what is there for you in future.  :spoton:

I did mine last year , it was boring but the last day session was quite good as we had lots of discussion and talked about real problem related top HACCP  and how to review an external HACCP not built by yourself. Nice food and hotel was good as well  :gleam:

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 94 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

MerleW -

Definitely take the Advanced HACCP. Auditors want to see a training/educational progression where appropriate and attainable. Also, Advanced HACCP usually focuses on Validation & Verification, which is where USDA FSIS is putting its focus at this time.

sozcan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

There is also another option for HACCP. I took Certified Haccp Auditor Exam by ASQ. They offer classes and BoK. I bought the book and self-studied. I learned a lot more than 3-day Advance Haccp training which I had earlier. 

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Maybe I'll do that next time Szcn.  I think I should do Advanced first I don't think they'll spring for "auditor" training before Advanced

Mr. Incognito

alisher

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

If you need to refresh your HACCP training, I would go with the Advanced, since you have to do it anyway to show it to your next auditor. There is a separate Auditor's training as well, but I would look into getting SQF training. It would cover most of the HACCP since it is based on HACCP. Also there is a good Internal Auditor's training available to implement your own internal Audit program if you are thinking into getting your SQF certification.

shelendra

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

you should go for advanced HACCP

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic