Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

What type of procedures do they expect to see for written procedures to meet legislative requirements ( Reference 5.2 in consolidated standards)?  Does any body have examples of what they did to satisfy this requirement?  Can I simply state that I am going to satisfy this by going to seminars, staying current on new legislative laws and being part of forums such as this one?

mapry2

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 92 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

I would also add :

- Subscribing to the newsletter from the Federal, Provincial and International Food safety regulatory bodies

- Annual review to the changes to the regulations

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have this as part of my communication SOP - I subscribe to newsletters etc and in our quarterly QA meetings bring up any relevant legislation (new FDA labels, Vermont vs GMO, new SQF code 7,2, etc).  I also use recent recalls in training, and if the FDA is asking for the public comments I tell the food safety team. 

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

I keep a record of all ( :roflmao: ) websites visited !

Caz x

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

I keep a record of all ( :roflmao: ) websites visited !

Caz x

Ha!  That one would get me in trouble.  I never visit this site at work!  But I do check my horoscope every day.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hey Mag

I think this is a legit site! I visit and reference it in documents. I also recommend it to others.

Yes we have banter, but the majority of the site does deal with serious questions from quality / technical bods. ( there are some exceptions!) :headhurts:

If my boss was to ask me if he could have a look, id direct him to a post that doesn't discuss Rocky Horror, or pissing in a wheat field!! :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Caz x

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hey Mag

I think this is a legit site! I visit and reference it in documents. I also recommend it to others.

Yes we have banter, but the majority of the site does deal with serious questions from quality / technical bods. ( there are some exceptions!) :headhurts:

If my boss was to ask me if he could have a look, id direct him to a post that doesn't discuss Rocky Horror, or pissing in a wheat field!! :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Caz x

Yeah, this site is totally legit and helpful for work in every way.  It's already helped me write a number of documents :)

It's like the QA group at the big boy companies, for us by us!

Sometimes I make comments that I wouldn't particularly like my coworkers to read, like when they are morons and I'm so over them :blush: I'm not proud, but I'm human and I think talkin smack is fun.  Like Incognito, I don't want work to know who I am on here - but my urge to *reply* is too strong to read it with out being logged in :lol2:

Edited by magenta_majors, 15 May 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,596 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

It IS nice to read that I am not the only one dealing with, ummm, unusual situations. For instance I had a temp worker come in yesterday morning wearing bedroom slippers instead of proper footwear. Now, we don't require anything super stringent, just study soles, shoes that cover toes and heels and not canvas, this genius shows up in slippers to work in a warehouseing area.

He didn't have time to go home and get his shoes. OK But he was confirmed 14 hours before his shift started.

SMH
Setanta

-Setanta         

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:50 AM

AIB Consolidated Standards for Inspection state:

'5.2.1.4 Facilities define written procedures to meet legislative requirements as defined by country or export requirements (e.g., allergen labeling and control, Reportable Food Registry, Food Safety Modernization Act, etc.). The facility is aware of the program and its role in implementing the requirements.'

So as well as methods to keep updated you will need to specify relevant legislation and how it is integrated into 'Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs'. Some will do this using the HACCP Team, ensuring they are briefed on updates and apply legislation when reviewing or implementing the HACCP System.

On the subject of 'Websites visited' I once did some project work for an organisation that had what I can only describe as a 'Big Brother' style of management. Anyway, hours on the internet and websites visited were logged for each individual user. Not that I entirely agreed with this 'secret policy' but it had two advantages:

1. You could view how many hours an employee spent on the internet whilst they were meant to be working :secret:

2. From the 'most visited sites list' you could see which were the best 'naughty websites' to visit :biggrin:

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users