Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hello everyone. I m a bit confused and unfamiliar with the search in here and a newcomer. If there would anyone with a clause by clause comparison for BRC against FSSC 22000 standarts it would be really nice. I checked for some topics and couldn't find one. The hardest part is i need to make a cross reference list for the BRC, IFS and FSSC 22000. I found a BRC vs IFS draft but couldn't find a FSSC one; any help is appreciated.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

Hello everyone. I m a bit confused and unfamiliar with the search in here and a newcomer. If there would anyone with a clause by clause comparison for BRC against FSSC 22000 standarts it would be really nice. I checked for some topics and couldn't find one. The hardest part is i need to make a cross reference list for the BRC, IFS and FSSC 22000. I found a BRC vs IFS draft but couldn't find a FSSC one; any help is appreciated.

Take a look at http://www.MyGFSI.com

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

FAO did a paper on this (all of the GFSI benchmarks at the time) back in 2005... I dont know if they have done it again recently... and I have an old one from when BRC was back on issue 5 vs. SQF 2000 Code – Level 2  vs. Dutch HACCP - Option B  vs. FSSC - 22000  vs.  Global Gap - Fruit & Veg vs. IFS Standard - Version 5

But nothing current. I stopped focusing on clause-for-clause and just keep up with current events that drive the standard changes as they are getting so much technically similar in their requirements (not 100% but enough). Best to just read thorough ISO 22K and PAS220 (or its current incarnation).

-B

Kaelthalass

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

thank you for your replies. 

But i think i should explain why i need this kind of a list.

We are currently maintain BRC, IFS and FSSC 22000 and additional ISO 9001,14001,18001 standards.

Our issue is the internal audit checklists.

Our approach to the situation is standart based checklists(which could go 8-9 different checklists to fill), auditors suggested making it simpler so we try making an all in checklist which could answer all of the standard clauses with simple questions to ask, records to see or visual checks.

We used the ISO standarts addition cross reference lists but i think everything mixing up so bad.

Somehow i will manage to produce a list, but any help is really appreciated.

Thank you for your replies.

Zahn.R

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

if you have electronic manuals of all the standards you can group all the clauses in the relevant categories ie  Traceability, Non conformances, etc etc.  If everything is grouped it will be easier to start the checklist from there, you wont miss something.  Otherwise you will have to do a checklist of one standard and take one standard at a time to merge the different clauses into the one main checklist.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Wow that's a lot of standards to work with...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

Wow that's a lot of standards to work with...

Too right, calls for a Department :beer:

@Kaelthalass - Frankly i think someone, ie the auditor, is playing mind games with you. Maybe the lunch was lacking in caviar. IMO the effort is debatably not worth the likely usage of the end-result. Of course, if a Company promotion is involved ..... :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

if you have electronic manuals of all the standards you can group all the clauses in the relevant categories ie  Traceability, Non conformances, etc etc.  If everything is grouped it will be easier to start the checklist from there, you wont miss something.  Otherwise you will have to do a checklist of one standard and take one standard at a time to merge the different clauses into the one main checklist.

Too right Vineyards.  Really the GFSI benchmarking is in fact streamlining Food Safety and Quality Management concepts. It is merely finding the conceptual common denominator that all of the schemes you adhere to have in common, then organizing your FSMS internal audits according to your structure.

This is no easy task but making addition cross reference lists to other standard is not advised (managing changes with all of the cross-referencing in those schemes is just not worth it). Serving the auditor everything on a silver platter is pretty cool when it works but may not be worth the effort; besides, make the auditor work a little bit.

-B 

sozcan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

thank you for your replies. 

But i think i should explain why i need this kind of a list.

We are currently maintain BRC, IFS and FSSC 22000 and additional ISO 9001,14001,18001 standards.

Our issue is the internal audit checklists.

Our approach to the situation is standart based checklists(which could go 8-9 different checklists to fill), auditors suggested making it simpler so we try making an all in checklist which could answer all of the standard clauses with simple questions to ask, records to see or visual checks.

We used the ISO standarts addition cross reference lists but i think everything mixing up so bad.

Somehow i will manage to produce a list, but any help is really appreciated.

Thank you for your replies.

If you could provide an update on how you prepare a joint checklist on standards, I will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kaelthalass

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

Here is a draft we produced. I don't think sharing it would do any harm.

i need to imply that using these checklists during an internal audit is hard.

Once you enter the premises for internal audit, you go along with your eyes, ears and tongue mostly.

Checking these clauses takes too much time to finish internal audits. What we usually do is check the area for signs, later control the checklist whenever possible, like an office inside the premises.

Still, i hope it helps.

Oh, btw it is on turkish. But i presume you could use the clause numbers from the tabs.

Attached Files

Thanked by 3 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

Thanks Kaelthalass, anyone can translate or use google translate with some time? :smile:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Once you enter the premises for internal audit, you go along with your eyes, ears and tongue mostly.

Checking these clauses takes too much time to finish internal audits. What we usually do is check the area for signs, later control the checklist whenever possible, like an office inside the premises.

Still, i hope it helps.

Oh, btw it is on turkish. But i presume you could use the clause numbers from the tabs.

Dear Kaelthalass,

Thks for the draft.  I tried Google on (a) sec 5.1 (cell i4)  and (b) first half of sec.7.4.4 (cell i55)  >>

"5.1 The commitment of the Board
Top management, food safety management systems and implementation of continuous improvement of the efficiency of the system by
provide evidence of commitment on improving the following;
a) food safety, supported by the organization's business goals to show that,
b) In addition to meeting the customer's requirements related to food safety, be reported to the organization the importance of meeting the legal and regulatory requirements and the requirements of this standard,
c) Establishment of food safety policies,
d) the maintenance of Management Review,
e) ensure the availability of resources. "

7.4.4 Selection and evaluation of control measures
Article based on the risk assessment 7.4.3.'t described in the prevention of the danger, which allows to eliminate or reduce to acceptable levels, or their appropriate combination of control measures must be selected.
In this selection, each of the control measures as defined in Section 7.3.5.2, determined to be revised according to the activity against a food safety hazard.
The selected control measures should be classified according to their need to be managed by the operational PRPs or HACCP plan. "

These look nearly identical to the iso22000 standard itself which is a similar approach to many other FS checklists.

Subsequent rather randomly duplicated numbers plus some  > the iso22000 list maximum [8.5.2] look like Prerequisites. Maybe iso22002-1 ??

Thks again.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Kaelthalass

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

Charles C you are right.

If you could'nt find the clause of ISO 22000 doesn't fitting the regular clauses, it is exactly as you thought, they belong to the ISO 22002-1 standart(most of them marked as PAS).

Btw use this with judgment of your own, this work is rather thoughts of our food safety professionals, including mine.

triona.naidoo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

Hi Kaelthalass....would you mind sharing your BRC vs IFS comparison? Im hoping it's in English. :spoton:

Thank you 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Hi Kaelthalass....would you mind sharing your BRC vs IFS comparison? Im hoping it's in English. :spoton:

Thank you 

Post # 10-12 ??

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Aravind kannan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

Still, i hope it helps.

Thanks for the document it helps really 

EDnutrition

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

There must be something in the water because I have also been asked by an auditor to produce a clause by clause comparison of BRCV7 vs. FSSC 22000. This is proving to be a VERY difficult task and although GFSI has a summary document with top line differences/similarities between the two I cannot find a previously published clause by clause comparison. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am only just after starting my current position and this is one of the tasks that has been landed on my desk.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

There must be something in the water because I have also been asked by an auditor to produce a clause by clause comparison of BRCV7 vs. FSSC 22000. This is proving to be a VERY difficult task and although GFSI has a summary document with top line differences/similarities between the two I cannot find a previously published clause by clause comparison. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am only just after starting my current position and this is one of the tasks that has been landed on my desk.

hi EDnutition,

Unfortunately I don't think brc6 (or brc5)  vs fssc22000 (or iso22000) exists on this forum. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

Offhand the nearest i can remember is brc4 vs iso22000 (and several others) which i have attached below.

i suppose you realize that, inter alia, the comparison is between 2 considerably different haccp systems. Thanks to oprp.

Attached File  Multi-Comparison FS Standards ca 2010.xls   73KB   294 downloads

PS - Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:
YSJ

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users