All our hauliers have this basic agreement in place with us. I have signed copies on letterhead on file and re new them every 2 years. You can amend the wording as you see fit. Then our goods in/out verify the cleanliness/odour of each vehicle.
HAULIERS CODE OF PRACTICE
1. Odorous or toxic substances must never be transported with COMPANY NAME products.
2. Particular attention must be paid to the cleanliness of the delivery vehicle.
3. During shipment, goods must be handled with due care and attention. During loading/unloading, drivers should be vigilant in order to prevent damaged goods being loaded/off loaded. Damaged goods should be brought to the attention of the receiver/consignor by the driver for appropriate action.
4. Internal lighting, if fitted, shall be adequately screened to protect load from possible glass contamination.
5. Personnel must not climb, stand or walk on pallet stack. This is not only dangerous but can damage the product and soil the packaging.
6. In the interests of hygiene and safety, visitors are not allowed to enter the factory/warehouse area. Drivers should ring the bell for attention. This is clearly indicated by a sign adjacent to the factory door.
7. If personnel exit their vehicle and enter the yard, high visibility protective clothing must be worn. They must proceed with caution as other vehicles and fork lift trucks operate in the area.
8. The yard is a no through road and does not facilitate large vehicles turning round.
I acknowledge receipt of a copy of this document and agree to ensure that the requirements are adhered to:
Position in Company:
Date:Go to the full post