Kelly S

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 96 posts
  • 36 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Sci Fi Geek, Book Lover, Chef-in-my-own-kitchen, Eclectic Music Collector

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

I was wondering if I could get some input on the customer complaint form I've developed. I'm pretty sure I have everything covered from a traceability point of view including noting any credits or replacement stock that had to be issued but I'd just like some impartial opinions as it's the first one I've developed from scratch. 

Attached Files

“Will this be on the test?" "Yeah, about the test. The test will measure whether you are an informed, engaged, and productive citizen of the world, and it will take place in schools and bars and hospitals and dorm rooms and in places of worship. You will be tested on first dates, in job interviews, while watching football, and while scrolling through your Twitter feed. The test will judge your ability to think about things other than celebrity marriages, whether you’ll be easily persuaded by empty political rhetoric, and whether you’ll be able to place your life and your community in a broader context. The test will last your entire life, and it will be comprised of the millions of decisions, that when taken together, make your life yours. And everything — EVERYTHING — will be on it.”

-  John Green

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

Dear Wyldlce,

Nice-looking layout. Certainly prettier than mine.

From a quick look, I might suggest that the word "safety" should appear somewhere within QA section.. IMEX, Quality is ambiguous, ie anything/everything can be “Quality”.

Box for “contact” person(s) / phone number / fax number / address

I noticed the “page 1 of 2” and wondered what page 2 contained ?

Curious about NCR/CAR boxes -

Is it possible to have a customer complaint without a NCR/CAR raised ?

Is it possible to have a NCR without a CAR ?

If a raised  NCR/CAR involve additional forms, presumably there should be a cross-reference to fill in somewhere on the Complaint form ? or are they simply “attached” ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

djfitz1231

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

I think you did a nice job on this.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

I agree with Charles.  But I did have one other question.  The word raised, in the context of the form what would another synonym be?

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

I was wondering if I could get some input on the customer complaint form I've developed. I'm pretty sure I have everything covered from a traceability point of view including noting any credits or replacement stock that had to be issued but I'd just like some impartial opinions as it's the first one I've developed from scratch. 

It is quite nicely formatted and serves as a purpose, the NCR/CAR could be expanded to assist with the investigation for example:

Attached File  QMR 018 Complaint Investigation Form_001.png   328.87KB   104 downloads

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Kelly S

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 96 posts
  • 36 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Sci Fi Geek, Book Lover, Chef-in-my-own-kitchen, Eclectic Music Collector

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

Dear Wyldlce,

Nice-looking layout. Certainly prettier than mine.

From a quick look, I might suggest that the word "safety" should appear somewhere within QA section.. IMEX, Quality is ambiguous, ie anything/everything can be “Quality”.

Box for “contact” person(s) / phone number / fax number / address

I noticed the “page 1 of 2” and wondered what page 2 contained ?

Curious about NCR/CAR boxes -

Is it possible to have a customer complaint without a NCR/CAR raised ?

Is it possible to have a NCR without a CAR ?

If a raised  NCR/CAR involve additional forms, presumably there should be a cross-reference to fill in somewhere on the Complaint form ? or are they simply “attached” ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Thanks for that Charles. 

I had intentionally left the Quality slightly ambiguous with the idea that any Quality issue would be directed my way but I get what you mean. I'll break it up into Product Quality and Product Safety for easier referral. 

I don't see a need for the contact information on this form as it is an in-house document. Is there a reason I'm thinking of to have it on there?

The page 2 was a typo, I had copied a header from a previous document. 

We have had an occasional complaint that has resulted in no CAR or NCR needing to be raised. It is rare but it does happen which I why I added the N/A option.

We are a manufacturer and distributor in one. As an example, we supply salad ingredients to one customer, we cut tomatoes, etc. in house but the rocket and mesculin and supplied to us and sent as received. A complaint for rocket would result in an NCR but no CAR as, even though we do inspect incoming product, we can't check everything, occasionally things will slip through. 

If additional CAR or NCR needs to be raised the number is noted on the form and a copy of the completed NCR/CAR would be attached to the complaint for filing.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it  :spoton:

“Will this be on the test?" "Yeah, about the test. The test will measure whether you are an informed, engaged, and productive citizen of the world, and it will take place in schools and bars and hospitals and dorm rooms and in places of worship. You will be tested on first dates, in job interviews, while watching football, and while scrolling through your Twitter feed. The test will judge your ability to think about things other than celebrity marriages, whether you’ll be easily persuaded by empty political rhetoric, and whether you’ll be able to place your life and your community in a broader context. The test will last your entire life, and it will be comprised of the millions of decisions, that when taken together, make your life yours. And everything — EVERYTHING — will be on it.”

-  John Green

Kelly S

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 96 posts
  • 36 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

I agree with Charles.  But I did have one other question.  The word raised, in the context of the form what would another synonym be?

I see your point, I think issued would be better. When we discuss it here we say raised so I guess it just stuck in my head.

It is quite nicely formatted and serves as a purpose, the NCR/CAR could be expanded to assist with the investigation for example:

attachicon.gifQMR 018 Complaint Investigation Form_001.png

Regards,

Tony

Thanks for the form Tony, that's a good idea

-  John Green

aesahaetr_eldest

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

maybe you can add some problem solving methode to find root cause, like fisbhone or something

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

Dear Wyldice,

Thks for the feedback.

don't see a need for the contact information on this form as it is an in-house document. Is there a reason I'm thinking of to have it on there?

For internal, I guess it's not critical. IMEX in 6 months, you may not be able to remember who carried the buck ? Maybe a PS without cc. :smile:

A complaint for rocket would result in an NCR but no CAR as, even though we do inspect incoming product, we can't check everything, occasionally things will slip through.

I understand your problem but not too sure the final receiver would agree this logic. Last man standing.

Rds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Jim E.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Very similar to what I have but I also include a section for investigation information.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Kelly S

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 96 posts
  • 36 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

maybe you can add some problem solving methode to find root cause, like fisbhone or something

That's not a bad idea, I might try to tweak it a bit, thank you :)

Dear Wyldice,

Thks for the feedback.

For internal, I guess it's not critical. IMEX in 6 months, you may not be able to remember who carried the buck ? Maybe a PS without cc. :smile:

I understand your problem but not too sure the final receiver would agree this logic. Last man standing.

Rds / Charles.C

For the first, I see your point, I think I'll add a responsibility section plus a footnote to ensure any relevant documentation is attached.

For the second, the majority of our customers know we are a manufacturer and distributor so they are usually pretty understanding when an issue pops up on an outsourced product but it would depend on the issue. If it's something that's extremely obvious e.g. bagged whole peeled potatoes that have visibly gone bad and the store men picked them for delivery then that would warrant a CAR as well as an NCR, however for say, baby cos lettuce leaf with roots still attached, this product is received boxed. Even if we looked in the top of every carton, if it was at the bottom it would be total luck by us if we found it. In this case there would only be an NCR raised. I should have clarified my reasoning  :biggrin:

-  John Green

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users