Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

Determination of Control Points in HACCP
George Howlett, CEO, Safefood 360°

When is a CCP not a CCP? Well, when its a PRP, oPRP, CP, QCP or QSP. The requirement to determine the appropriate control measure to be deployed for a specific or general hazard under HACCP is a source of much confusion for even the most seasoned food safety practitioner. The methodology, guidance and best practice use within the industry is at best confusing. Managers, consultants and auditors alike all struggle to understand how best to determine control measures and are poorly served by the generally used risk assessment models and decisions trees. This session will attempt to demystify the various control point terminology and review some of the existing models for determination. It will also present a dynamic model which can help practitioners come to logical and supported determinations. An Excel model will be made available to all those who register for the session.

Watch Webinar Recording >>
Download Presentation Slides >>

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for a great presentation George, it certainly stimulated a lot of questions. :clap:

• What's the main difference between OPRP and CCP?
  • Do we need to have verificaton and validation for ALL of our SOPs or just for PRPs? we curerntly have FSSC 22000. I am so confused about what programs or SOPs neeeds to have validation.
  • PAS 220 standard for Pre requisite is much higher requirement than only hygienic requirement as mentioned during the presentation. Please provide your input.
  • The word of difference in OPRP is "likelyhood" so it has the element of "reducing the chance that", but not guarantee that a certain detrimental effect will not happen.
  • QCP = firstly you buy your product for the quality = the purpose for which you want to use your proudct, so nutrition, taste, smell, etc. Food Safety in a way is a hygiene factor, it is a given to be in business, just like meeting the law.    Or how do you see it.
  • What according to you is the greatest hazard in the food business today?
  • I was surprised to see in one of the slides “ freezing step as CCP ( cold store)”. I have always considered it to be a CP or PRP. Could you explain this please?
  • Thanx a lot! Good work. Nice to be informed about HACCP in global knowledge sharing community :)
  • Do we need to have verificaton and validation for ALL of our SOPs or just for PRPs? we curerntly have FSSC 22000. I am so confused avout what programs or SOPs needs to have validation.
  • (this presentation has been amazingly useful! Thanks a lot) George, "acceptable level" is sometimes a subjective or confusing expresion, similar to the "ALARA principle" in Codex language. what do you think?
  • Is the 8 question Robust Model a standard model
  • Any guidance standard available for CCP determination for Glass industry dealing with food packaging?
  • Thanks for sharing ... very nice presention and explanation.
  • We require ingredient COAs before use in our products.  We've always treated this as part of our PRP (for incoming materials).  But based on your presentation, I'm thinking that maybe this is a CP or oPRP.  What do you think?
  • Great presentation!
  • I didn't get a chance to write down the website on the last slide...can you show that again please?
  • Could this decision tree be used to determine control measures for potential cross contamination from the environment or people?
  • Follow up:  What would the documentation requirement be for oPRP (if like a CCP which requires frequent and regular monitoring and verification)?
  • I have issues defining CCP's in my processes as all of my products are never sold to the consumer with out furthur processing, we are not a RTE product. Is it possible to have a HACCP plan that relies on our customers actions?  ie the cooking step is completed by our customer. Is it possible to have a HACCP plan with out actually having a CCP
  • Thanks George for a informative Presenation.It was really helpfull.Especially the difference b/w CCP and OPRP in the  last Q&A..
  • Thank you very much, for this day. Special present for me was the last presentation. Thanks George for this model. As consultant I was looking for a solution for all those C's R's And P's.  Thanks Lassi for the organization of this day.
  • This seems to be the concept that the FDA is proposing for FSMA implementation based on the proposed rules.  the food safety plan will include "traditional" CCPS as well as control for potential hazards from the environment.  those that dont have solid critical limits and are not easy to monitor using traditional means such as time, temperature, pH, etc.  Would you agree that the new Preventive Control requirements are the same/similar as OPRPs?
  • SQF 7.2 auditor has asked for pre-reqs and CCP's to be validated
  • How effective has FSSC 22000 been in the Food and beverage industry worldwide
  • Where can one find the more robust 8 question model? 

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Amani.e

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Iran
    Iran

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

When mayonnaise sauce have swell but microbial analysis are negative. What things can be effective for this swell in mayonnaise?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users