Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Shifting the Audit Paradigm and Engaging Employees
Mark OverlandFood Safety, Quality & Regulatory AffairsCargill Incorporated

Redundant audits and compliance with competing externally driven requirements stretch company resources. Why not do one audit really well with transparency, have it accepted everywhere, and engage your employees in the process. We will look at some interesting GFSI Efficacy Study results and a case study implementation of one of the GFSI schemes FSSC22000. Expect more from you food safety/quality professionals, you just might get it!

Watch Webinar Recording >>
Download Presentation Slides >>

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for sharing the Cargill story Mark.  Your questions and comments. :clap:

• In general GFSI audits have not reduced customer audits, I believe it is because customers don't trust the audits carried out by certification bodies?  If so, what should be done to build trust?
  • Do you ever do on-site visits even if they are GFSI certified.  Perhaps due to higher risk items
  • How dependant is the certification achievement in relationship with certification bodies?
  • (Mark, I loved and enjoyed your presentation!). As you may know it is a hard job to work as an FS consultant in less developed countries. What is the best way to encourage producers in less developed countries who find difficult and expensive to certify FSMS versus their competitors in developed countries with more economic and technologic resources?
  • Thanks a lot Mark, it was very good and informative
  • Totally agree with your idea: implementing FSSC 22000 requirements as the universal scheme but not worry about the Certifciate; and also close collaboration with suppliers and customers. And saying this I acknowledge that put in practice that idea might not be possible for medium and small companies.
  • How were you able to convince customers to acept your GFSI certification, copy of audt, etc., instead of coming & doing their own audit?
  • How do you get management to support you, I face a lot of "we have always done it this way" attiitudes and feelings of we do not need to do this.  How did you get your management behind you and what do you suggest?
  • We find the same thing.  Customers ask for the GFSI audits and then come in and audit again and they may have a customer that wants to come in also and audit.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users