Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Food Allergen Management For The Real World: Available Tools and Resources

Robin SherlockTechnical Manager, DTS Food Laboratories

This presentation comprises of a review of current allergen management resources, key points for allergen management and a look at what can go wrong.

Watch Webinar Recording >>
Download Presentation Slides >>

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Superb Presentation Robin, thank you so much for your contribution. :clap:

Lot's of questions on this hot topic.

• Should soja lecithin be considered as an allergen even if it is not mainly soja protein?
  • Basically, food products today transfer across border without any restriction. Is it up to the producers or to the consumers, if our allergen declaration does not include countries that we do not expect to sell? It happens especially when tourist purchase food as gifts
  • I have heard companies that declare that allergen might be present in the production facilities even there is no specific allergen is there. The reason I was given is that there is no control of people's lunch. How do you see this progress into our manufacturing process?
  • Doing allergens free products and with allergen on daily basis impossible to have segregation or shedule we do atp swabbs daily plus neogen test for the specific allergen all negative is that enough? BIBI
  • Regarding testing for allergens - what does PCR stand for?
  • ELISA and PCR ! isn't very expensive to check up swabs?
  • Could you point me to where I can get more info on cross reactivity in allergens?
  • Is it necesssary to mention the dosage of Allergen during Labelling.. For Ex: 2% of this material can cause alergy
  • Could you tell us what are the most common reasons   that trigger most of  recalls related to “ undeclared allegers in the label”: just randomly officials control or claims or others? Thanks
  • A nice presentation by Robin. Very informative. Thanks for sharing.
  • You talk about labbeling for consumers. How do you think about labelling for raw materials? Is this needed/ preferred?
  • Thanks Robin for the nice presentation. Does oil extracted from allergen substances like peanut oil from peanut post refining still a concern of allergen
  • If the allergens should be included in HACCP plan as chemical hazards then what do we do to eliminate, reduce or remove the hazard?
  • How some body know about particular food allergy?
  • What is the component should be tested for oats for allergen detection
  • Is there data on allergens in Africa? are afriacns resistant to allergens? Can i get materials on allergen managemnet?
  • What kind of allerge is mostly occur
  • I would like to make an question about “ contain traces of…” in the label. I think sometimes there is an overuse of this statement. Is there any harmonization about  “ how many suppliers up in the food chain will stop you to place that statement in your label.  I mean, if your supplier tells you that he/she is placing the statement because his/her supplier is also placing that statement  what would you do with  your final product?Thanks
  • How do you determine allergenicity in population?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Raimiigais

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Latvia
    Latvia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Waiting for answers on ALL Simon questions :). Will be interesting discussion.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users