Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

FSSC 22000 to add Food Quality Management System Module

FSSC 22000 has decided to add a separate module for the certification of Food Quality Management Systems (QMS), based on ISO 9001, to its existing auditing and certification structure. The addition will give organizations the possibility to be FSSC 22000 audited and certified for Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.

The addition of QMS is voluntary. Organizations can choose to be audited for food safety only or to have the QMS module added to FSSC 22000 certification by means of one integrated audit for Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.

Food QMS certification falls outside Global Food Safety Initiative's benchmarking and recognition. However, FSSC 22000 will  apply all its existing and future GFSI and ISO based requirements for good governance and integrity also to the new QMS module. This means that certification bodies, offering the FSSC 22000 QMS module, must be accredited for ISO 9001 and auditors must meet all relevant competence requirements.

The ISO 9001 standard has a strong customer focus. It helps to ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services. It also covers product development and design.

FSSC 22000 expects to open up the possibility for additional Food QMS certification beginning next year.

Source FSSC 22000 at link above.

Thanked by 2 Members:

avy100

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for posting this.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks Tony, interesting development.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

The ISO 9001 standard has a strong customer focus. It helps to ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services. It also covers product development and design.

TBH, I thought certification to this entity had been reduced to essentially L.s.d.?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

TBH, I thought certification to this entity had been reduced to essentially L.s.d.?

Rgds / Charles.C

:potplant:

You been smoking something Charles?

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Food Quality Management, Food Safety Management, FSSC 22000, Food Safety Certification, Food Quality Certification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users