Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

Does anyone have any experience with Fog Force bird repellent / methyl anthranilate to deter house sparrows? Our PCO has proposed using it on the exterior of the building (truck bay), dispensed through a Tweetzilla automated dispenser. I'm curious about it effectiveness, considering the cost. Thank you! 

fumundacheze

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

I am interested in a response from someone who has worked with this as well. Sounds interesting.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

I would start with other exclusionary measures....have you tried bird spikes, shiny metallic strips, the noise box, or fake owls?  Removing food source, standing water, etc?  Cleaning is the most cost effective pest control.  We had a falconer come out once, which was pretty awesome, but I think that was a last ditch attempt by a factory manager desperate for unprotected outdoor feed storage that shouldn't have been.

I've used an outdoor treatment for flying insects but never birds...it knocked down the population momentarily but the conditions that caused the initial attraction still drew in bugs droves...standing water / food stored outside. 

Edited by magenta_majors, 05 December 2014 - 12:24 PM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Leonie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:02 AM

Would like to know too. We tried all the gimmicks suggested by Magenta and that work for max. 2 days and then the birds get used to it. Even the fake owl that looks so real that it fooled me too, didn't scare them off. 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Does anyone have any experience with Fog Force bird repellent / methyl anthranilate to deter house sparrows? Our PCO has proposed using it on the exterior of the building (truck bay), dispensed through a Tweetzilla automated dispenser. I'm curious about it effectiveness, considering the cost. Thank you! 

:welcome:  Msadria,

I'm not sure how effective that is going to be outdoors?

To add to Magenta's and Leonie's comments have you looked at netting?

Regards,

Tony

msadria

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Yes, I have looked into other options as well. I was just curious if anyone else had any feedback on this particular product. 

Thank you. 

nagi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Oman
    Oman

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

Dear Sir i have received the attached e  mail regarding bird control so you can go through it and contact them for more information.

Regards

Nagi

Dear Sir,

We are pleased to introduce ourselves as a Company formed to manufacture “PESTGO-A Non-Toxic Bird Deterrent Gel” against bird menace in Technical Collaboration of M/s. Hughes & Hughes Chem Ltd. of United Kingdom. The product has been used successfully in India for last 20 years by over 1000 organizations.  We assure you that our product shall eradicate the entire bird menace at the site where it is applied, whether it is manufacturing shed, storage area and godowns.Three Kg of PESTGO will totally cover an area of approximately One Sq. Mtr. (say 11 sq. feet) of the truss. Normally, Gel is applied on those surfaces, where birds normally come and sit such as trusses in the Industrial Shed, Door & Window Ventilators etc.

The list of plants of Hindustan Coca-Coca Beverages Pvt Ltd in India which have utilized our services are as under :

Work Executed at Plants of Coca-Cola

Sr. No.

Division

Purchase Order No.

Dated

Qty (kgs)

Jaipur, Rajasthan

PO982HZ9

Jaipur, Rajasthan

PO982ZT4

Bangalore, Karnataka

PV982TJR

Jaipur, Rajasthan

PO982BXP

Bangalore, Karnataka

PC982AI1

Bangalore, Karnataka

PC983169

Dist. Koppal, Karnataka

PF983621

Ameenpur Village, Andhra Pradesh

PV983HBV

Moula-Ali, Hyderabad

PV983HDD

Dist. Koppal, Karnataka

PO984K24

Jaipur, Rajasthan

PO984V47

Moula-Ali, Hyderabad

PO984BB4

Jaipur, Rajasthan

PO984T58

Chennai, Tamil Nadu

PC984I37

Koppal, Karnataka

PC984I70

Grand Total

Work Executed at Depots of Coca-Cola

Sr. No.

Division

Purchase Order No.

Dated

Qty (kgs)

VKI Area , Jaipur, Rajasthan

PO984C56

Grand Total

Please let us know if you need for us to provide you with Technical Specifications, Laboratory Reports, MSDS and/or Quote of the product.
We hope you will find the same in order.
Rajat Singhal
Managing Director
Hughes & Hughes Chem. Ltd.
D: +91-47629903 | F +91-47629900
M: +91-9811129869
E: cmd@hugheschem.com
Visit us at: www.hugheschem.com             

jpalombi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

Yes, we have been looking into fog force through a company called Bird Buffer.  In our industry, we store totes of tomato paste and diced tomatoes in a 20 acre outdoor warehouse.  We have difficulties with pigeons and starlings and nesting activities in the warehouse..  Some of our colleagues (competitors to some extent) have used the bird buffer units successfully in their warehouses.  So successfully that they are ordering units to rim their property.  The units don't have to run 24/7, just periodically.  The fog, although invisible to us, is quite displeasing to the birds, and they leave.  They will come back periodically, and leave rather quickly.  Eventually, they stay away.  Costco is using the units in their food courts, and they have been installed in strip malls with outdoor seating or architecture that allows birds to gather.  The results have been very good from reports and we confirmed by talking to the users.  We will be trialing a unit this spring and monitoring the activity in treated and untreated zones, but the data suggests that the units and fog force work quite well.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:55 AM

Yes, we have been looking into fog force through a company called Bird Buffer.  In our industry, we store totes of tomato paste and diced tomatoes in a 20 acre outdoor warehouse.  We have difficulties with pigeons and starlings and nesting activities in the warehouse..  Some of our colleagues (competitors to some extent) have used the bird buffer units successfully in their warehouses.  So successfully that they are ordering units to rim their property.  The units don't have to run 24/7, just periodically.  The fog, although invisible to us, is quite displeasing to the birds, and they leave.  They will come back periodically, and leave rather quickly.  Eventually, they stay away.  Costco is using the units in their food courts, and they have been installed in strip malls with outdoor seating or architecture that allows birds to gather.  The results have been very good from reports and we confirmed by talking to the users.  We will be trialing a unit this spring and monitoring the activity in treated and untreated zones, but the data suggests that the units and fog force work quite well.

Makes sense in an enclosed area, how effective is it likely yo be in an open area?

Regards,

Tony

jpalombi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

The reason we are considering the unit is that it has been tested by our peers in open air conditions.  PG&E has tested the units in substations, which are open air, and our peers have tested the units in open air situations: outdoor warehouses and fruit delivery yards.

msadria

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Thank you for the feedback. Please let us know how it works for your company. 

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bird control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users