• Quick Navigation
Photo

Piloting new equipment, but not keeping it? HACCP need changed?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 98 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

We are going to be starting a new product line (maybe.. we are totally in the beginning phases), and for this, there is a prototype machine being built for retail for this product. 

We are going to run the actual product (NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION / NOT FOR RESALE) that will be used with these brand new thingy-majiggers. 

The purpose for this is to see if the products will work properly in the prototype unit (aforementioned thingy-majigger).

Example - someone company built a new coffee maker, they want us to make coffee pods, we JUST want to make sure our coffee pods will work in the new coffee maker.  

So here is my question, we are bringing in a filler, that will have the same capabilities of the one that is currently being built for us. (So what Im saying is we do not have final filler, we are borrowing one just to run this test on) and then giving it back.

All product that will be ran on this while it is here is strictly for this prototype test, will not be sold, moved, or consumed.

Do I need to revise my HACCP plan to include this? OR can I do a lengthy hazard analysis?

I was hoping not to have to revise until the actual equipment has been built (seeing as how we have a custom filler being made as we speak)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

IRI

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

I have a trial profoma and I use this. Rather than revise my HACCP I document everything on this. Then if we do get new kit etc I put it all on a changed management profoma and that's when I would revise my HACCP. Can mail you these tomorrow if you want. No point revising HACCP until you know what your going with 

Caz x

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:15 AM

Dear it-rains-inside,

"Finalized"  Hazard analyses are typically regarded as based on a risk assessment referenced to any (finished) product as received/prepared/consumed by the customer. (intermediate products might be more complicated?)

So does yr proposed experimenting involve any (potential risk-related) FS interaction with an existing hazard analysis ? ( > Not Involve implies Validatable :smile: )

If not, i would have thought you could "act accordingly".

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

You could run a risk assessment with the HACCP team to see what risks are involved and if they are already mitigated by the controls you have in place.  Then with that information you could talk to your CB about using it as a test and the information you have put together in your risk assessment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users