• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:59 AM

Hi all,

Can someone explain to me what does the change in scope of certification from 7.1 to 7.2 mean? "All products produced, stored or processed on the site shall be included on the supplier certificate, unless exempted by the supplier" -does it really mean that every product processed on site is getting audited during SQF audit? What if there are some products that don't go through the metal detector because we have only one?

Please, someone, clarify on it. We have SQF audit coming up soon and now it gets to me that I might have misunderstood the requirement.

Many thanks

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Looks like you're looking at 2.1.3.1 iii

Instead of listing individual products, list the the product type, or general process.  The SQF guidance has a section that says :

The main criteria are to ensure that the manual conforms to the requirements of the SQF Code that are relevant for that industry sector and site, and that it is readily useable by the staff located at the site. It therefore is to be brief and concise and be available in a form and language that meets the access needs, language and literacy levels of the operating staff.

The code gives you a list of processes to choose from, so for example, if you're food sector 17, you'd be making confectionery, and you would list your products as "cream filled snack cakes", not "snoballs, twinkies, and ho-hos".   But you do want to list any important processing steps (for example, "packaging cream filled snack cakes" or "baking and packing and distribution of snack cakes") and refer to your food code sector.

As for every product not going through the metal detector..it's a separate issue, but it might be a serious one.  You'll want to correct that right away if it's the CCP in your HACCP plan.

Edited by magenta_majors, 12 February 2015 - 11:41 AM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

I have a question of my own and would like to piggy-back on oromaniv's question

if my finished product is shipped to another warehouse we own for storage and shipping to customer, does it necessarily mean this will be audited as well?

A vu in time , saves nine

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

Dr. Vu,
I would say no, but you might want to have a current 3rd party audit EDITED to add (OF that warehouse) to show your auditor. They may want to see what you require of your storage facilities.

Edited by Setanta, 12 February 2015 - 02:28 PM.

-Setanta         

oromaniv

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Thanks magenta-majors for your feedback. Now I understand about the scope of certification.

Last year we got SQF Level 2 with the score of 98. That was for one main line were we process green beans and other peas. Besides these we process many other items. All the products we have HACCP plan for are monitored and checked on CCPs. There are some products that we don't nave HACCP plans for and they are not run through the metal detector.

So I assume I can group products with HACCP plans into "fresh cut vegetables" or "fresh trimmed vegetables" which will be audited, right?

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

Thanks magenta-majors for your feedback. Now I understand about the scope of certification.

Last year we got SQF Level 2 with the score of 98. That was for one main line were we process green beans and other peas. Besides these we process many other items. All the products we have HACCP plan for are monitored and checked on CCPs. There are some products that we don't nave HACCP plans for and they are not run through the metal detector.

So I assume I can group products with HACCP plans into "fresh cut vegetables" or "fresh trimmed vegetables" which will be audited, right?

Sounds right.

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

back again with  same question only twisted...

what about all the products which are co-packed on your behalf? do you scope them?

A vu in time , saves nine

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users