• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Hello,

I'm hoping someone has some insight on an issue we are facing with Passover 2015. Our facility (snack bars and cookie production) is certified OU-D. The owner happens to be of Jewish decent (no-practicing), with a Jewish mother (non-practicing) and a non-Jewish father, making this a Jewish owned business in the eyes of the OU.

The facility has been certified for 2 years. The last two years the OU has allowed a Chometz sale so that the owner does not technically own a business operating during passover. For 2015, the OU is not offering this option, and wants the facility to be closed, which is very difficult for business.

Has anyone encountered this? Are there workarounds that might be acceptable for the OU so that the facility can continue to operate during passover? How do large facilities handle these kind of issues? I can't imagine that the Kashis and Kelloggs of the world are able to shut down for 8 days. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Zac

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

:welcome:  to the forum.  I personally am familiar with this challenge, but I am looking forward to the answer.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users