• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

Summary of major FSMA component timelines.

http://www.foodsafet...t/#.VT5L9yHBzRY

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

Some nice fact sheets and information on their FSMA area of the FDA website.  They had a 2-day kick-off meeting that was available by webinar, and the presentations are at the bottom of the page.  I'm hoping that they will eventually post the webinar recording, since I could not watch all of it on the day of.

http://www.fda.gov/F...A/ucm247546.htm

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Thanked by 1 Member:

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

FYI,

An analysis of the FDA presentation by Anne Sharod with the Acheson Group.

Attached Files

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

FYI,

An analysis of the FDA presentation by Anne Sharod with the Acheson Group.

Cool!

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

Good summary. I was on the webinar (in and out as time allowed), and got the same feeling. There was not a whole lot of "new" info presented.

Marshall

ctzinck

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 110 posts
  • 38 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

I'm just know digging into these great links provided but does anyone know if there is any info there directly relating to Food Packaging companies?

thanks

Thanked by 1 Member:

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

ctzinck,

Great question! I had not really been focused on packaging manufacturers. I performed a "cntr F" search on all my collected FSMA documents. Please refer to the bottom most line on the chart on page 5 of the attached white paper. What I do see in all that I have read is that packaging manufacturers will be indirectly affected because all the food manufacturers under FMSA and HARPC that you supply primary packaging to will be expecting you to be their partner in providing robust documents to support the integrity of their supply chain and any other "significant risks" on which they deem necessary to place a "preventative control" as part of their food safety plan. They may be inclined to perform an audit of your facility or require you to be certified to one of the GFSI standards as part of their supplier quality management programs. The requirement on them for record keeping will spill over on you to do your part.

One of the points that has been made, is that comparisons between the requirements of FSMA and HARPC have been made with those of SQF, BRC and other GFSI schemes; the finding is that if your facility is GFSI certified in one of the bench-marked schemes, you are in close alignment with FMSA and HARPC and only minor adjustments will be needed as the new FDA rules are implemented. One of the recommendations I keep hearing is that a judicious preparation step for FSMA is to become GFSI certified, because the process of achieving that goal will bring you into appreciable close alignment.

Kind regards

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

Nice article on what FSMA will bring to the food industry.  The author's thoughts are that documentation will be taking a front row seat.

http://www.foodsafet...s/#.VVDTOU0tH3g

Martha

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users