• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

I need some advice.

I'm currently in New Zealand and have all my qualifications and work experience here.

Due to recent relationship developments, I intend to move to England but I have a couple of dilemmas.

Firstly, I'm trying to work out what all my various certificates/achievements in quality assurance and food safety might be equivalent to in England.  Are there any national standards with descriptions that I can have a look at?

Also, would it be beneficial to do a short online UK course in something food safety related?

If you were going to employ me, what would you be looking for in my CV?

Secondly, to get a work visa, I need to have a job offer from a company in the Tier 2 sponsorship program (also a company which doesn't mind an indeterminate starting date as I have to apply for the visa from over here AFTER i get a job offer).  Has anyone dealt with this before?  Does anyone know of companies in the Buckinghamshire area (preferable Milton Keynes) which would be good to approach with my CV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:08 AM

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to here about your personal circumstances.

Some Food Manufacturers Buckinghamshire here

Food Manufacture Jobs website is quite a good place to look  - Food Jobs Buckinghamshire

With regards to qualifications you might find my blog The Prerequisite Qualities of a Food Safety Leader useful.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users