Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:00 AM

In the quest for level 3 SQF certification, I have come upon several seeming conundrums, mostly a matter of verbiage. One is this question. Specifically, in our Process Quality Threat Analysis, in determining if one of our methods on ensuring quality is, in fact, a QCP. It occurs at the production level process step, and is the last step to producing a viable product, despite the subsequent steps taken to ensure an overall high quality product, i.e., packaging, etc.

Quality Ben

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality, Laboratory, Technical Issues, Water Activity and Migration, VITAL, Allergens, Fresh Produce, Post Harvest, Cold Smoked Fish, Non Pasteurised Caviar, Cook/Chill, Listeria Hunting & Eradication/Environmental monitoring programs, Small-Goods, HACCP, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Risk Mitigation, Listeria.spp., High Risk, Chemistry, Cleaning and Sanitation, Biosecurity, Consultancy, Training, Process Control

Food Safety = Science + Culture

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Hi

Without this last step - will the product conform to your quality specs?

Thanked by 2 Members:

ehamilton

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

No, in fact not. Kind of my line of reasoning. There are other threads on here dealing with similar issues and I have to say, this is a wonderful resource here. I think I have my answer. I mean what are they going to say, "you've overdone this?" I suppose it's possible, but, I think covering every base is a good idea.

Quality Ben

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality, Laboratory, Technical Issues, Water Activity and Migration, VITAL, Allergens, Fresh Produce, Post Harvest, Cold Smoked Fish, Non Pasteurised Caviar, Cook/Chill, Listeria Hunting & Eradication/Environmental monitoring programs, Small-Goods, HACCP, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Risk Mitigation, Listeria.spp., High Risk, Chemistry, Cleaning and Sanitation, Biosecurity, Consultancy, Training, Process Control

Food Safety = Science + Culture

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

@ ehamilton

It is a great site...I have dug myself (meaning, others) out of many a hole because of the resources here! 

I agree with you about the QCPs , CCPs are a different matter and I think it is all to common to overdose on them and in the process, trip yourself up and make life hard because of overkill (which can sometimes lessen the impact of the real core CCPs). 

:)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users