• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

Good Morning, 

I am working to develop some micro standards for our small further processing plant. I would like to be able to test our raw product coming in (beef, chicken) as well as our final product (sausages, hot dogs, deli meats). I have looked online for acceptable limits for micro testing, thinking APC counts but none to be found. I realize that I can test for absence of E coli 0157, but what about the broader test of APC. I want to be able to determine the freshness of a sample with APC counts but not sure how to set the parameters.

Should I be looking into a risk assessment or do I need to contact our local lab to find out what they suggest? We are a Canadian facility.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Good Morning, 

I am working to develop some micro standards for our small further processing plant. I would like to be able to test our raw product coming in (beef, chicken) as well as our final product (sausages, hot dogs, deli meats). I have looked online for acceptable limits for micro testing, thinking APC counts but none to be found. I realize that I can test for absence of E coli 0157, but what about the broader test of APC. I want to be able to determine the freshness of a sample with APC counts but not sure how to set the parameters.

Should I be looking into a risk assessment or do I need to contact our local lab to find out what they suggest? We are a Canadian facility.

If any use, typical UK targets for APC, etc for various forms of  meat were previously posted here by the esteemed Mike Green if you have the time to do a little searching.

PS - Try Mike's posts/attachments in these  threads -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ion/#entry80370

http://www.ifsqn.com...aterials-bacon/

http://www.ifsqn.com...raw-fresh-pork/

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

wafa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

Add Listeria test for meat products.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Add Listeria test for meat products.

Hi wafa,

Do you have a reference Listeria micro standard/limit for raw, to be cooked, frozen beef/chicken ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users