• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:36 PM

Hi all,

What are the requirements that we could ask for while contracting scale calibration and metal detector calibration services other than the reports?

brianweber

Brian

• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

I got dinged 2 years ago because one of the stickers on our metal detector could not be read. It was in a wet wash down area. So I would make sure that everything you have calibrated has an individual sticker stating when it was calibrated. If it is in an area that is subjected to a lot of water/washing, i would mention that to the calibrators and request water resistant stickers/coverings.

Brian

Thanked by 1 Member:

jel

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 33 thanks
Good

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

Hi all,

What are the requirements that we could ask for while contracting scale calibration and metal detector calibration services other than the reports?

One of the minimum requirements to be met by who offers calibration services, is compliance with ISO 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

You will probably have to show that their calibration equipment is traceable to NIST or what ever calibration agency that is required in your country.  That should be on the documents that they provide you.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

JtpatT

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

You will probably have to show that their calibration equipment is traceable to NIST or what ever calibration agency that is required in your country.  That should be on the documents that they provide you.

Martha

I have the ISO compliant Certificates for the scales. Well, I guess, it should be acceptable in Canada!

For the metal detector I was wondering if there would be any certificate of compliance or accreditation that I should be looking for?

JtpatT

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

I got dinged 2 years ago because one of the stickers on our metal detector could not be read. It was in a wet wash down area. So I would make sure that everything you have calibrated has an individual sticker stating when it was calibrated. If it is in an area that is subjected to a lot of water/washing, i would mention that to the calibrators and request water resistant stickers/coverings.

Yea, sometimes theses 'silly' things cost you a lot ! Thank you for you input, Our's is a dry packed product that goes through the detector, so pretty safe in that respect.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users