• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has come across an official (reference-able) definition of VACCP?  I'm using PAS96 for definitions but although the TACCP definition references vulnerability ("...identification of vulnerabilities....") but I can't find an official definition.

I have composed the following (which those of you who are eagle eyed might recognise as very similar to the TACCP/PAS96 definition!):

VACCP: Vulnerability Assessment Critical Control Point- systemic management of risk through the evaluation of vulnerabilities (susceptibility or exposure to food fraud risk) and implementation of controls to materials and products, purchasing, processes, premises, distribution networks and business systems by a knowledgeable and trusted team with the authority to implement changes to procedures.

Does that cover it?

Thanks in advance.

Olivia

brianweber

Brian

• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

The GFSI definition is: “Food Fraud Vulnerability: Susceptibility or exposure to a Food Fraud risk, which is regarded as a gap or deficiency that could place consumer health at risk if not addressed.” VACCP is applying the HACCP-type system specifically to the unique attributes of a Food Fraud incident.

Found here.

Brian

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

hi OOK,

It's a good question. I doubt there is any Globally uniform definition, as usual.

afai can see,  neither BRC7 nor PAS96 mention "VACCP", per se.

To my understanding, BRC7 regards "Vulnerability (eg 5..4.2)" as a quantity for estimating  the risk of  "Food Fraud" which is glossary defined as -

Fraudulent and intentional substitution, dilution or addition to a product or raw material, or misrepresentation of the product or material, for the purpose of financial gain, by increasing the apparent value of the product or reducing the cost of its production.

From memory, and assuming my interpretation correct, the nearest American equivalent to BRC's "Food Fraud"  is EMA (Economically Motivated Adulteration)

PS - As discussed in previous thread, it seems to me that "Vulnerability" and  "Vulnerability assessment" as exampled in PAS96 have a rather different usage/scope to that envisaged by BRC.

PPS - It further seems to me that from the link in Post #2,

BRC's Food Fraud ~= GFSI's "Food Fraud"

BRC's Vulnerability is ~= GFSI's "Food Fraud Vulnerability" (except perhaps regarding health emphasis)

Edited by Charles.C, 29 August 2015 - 12:03 AM.
PPS amended

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users