Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

Good morning all! Can anyone provide or recommend an SSOP for brand new large  outdoor sugar silos (prior to releasing to our production department for filling and manufacturing use)? We are replacing our two existing silos and we want to be certain the new silos are fit for use prior to manufacturing. We have been told that wet cleaning is not an option and would like to get any information that can be provided for how others in the industry are handling this particular challenge. Thank you for your time! 

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:40 PM

Without any specific info on silo type, size, filtering, availability of an internal cleaning cage/platform etc. it's hard to say.

Does the manufacturer of the silos have any recommendations?

How did you clean your previous silos?

Marshall

FosTerH0ME

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

Without any specific info on silo type, size, filtering, availability of an internal cleaning cage/platform etc. it's hard to say.

Does the manufacturer of the silos have any recommendations?

How did you clean your previous silos?

Marshall

The manufacturer recommended dry cleaning but this is an type of cleaning that we have little experience in validating. Our facility production lines go through a full wet clean out prior to releasing the production lines back to production for manufacturing and since wet cleaning is not a good option (per manufacturer and contractors installing silos) we are exploring other options that might be more applicable to these new sugar silos. We do have sieves in place on the silo lines prior to the mixer station. In regards to size and internal cleaning platform, I am working on getting more info on the silo specs. I was brought into this last minute and with minimal information (hence the difficulty determining release procedures). The "old" silos have been here for a very long time and were installed pre-GFSI certification so the cleaning procedures/records are not available. Thanks again for your time!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users