• Quick Navigation
Photo

Quality in regards to customer needs during preliminary Audit?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cmarti30

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

Currently we are in the process of getting certified for FSSC 22000 and FSSC 22002.  During our preliminary Audit the Auditor brought up that our certification includes quality because it includes customer satisfaction.  However, we were told by our gap analysis auditor a few months ago that quality is separate from FSSC 22000.  As far as I can tell the only mention of customer satisfaction in the 22000 manual relates to actually producing a safe product.  Did anyone else experience this? 

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

There is a separate module in FSSC 22000 which is based on ISO 9001:2008.  That is a quality management system module, and you will need to have a quality system along with the food safety system.

If your gap analysis auditor was only looking at the ISO 22000 based portion, then they missed the quality part.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Cmarti30

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

It says that the ISO 9001:2008 is optional on the ISO website.  My curiosity lies with the fact that no one including our Auditor from Stage 1 has told us we need to follow a quality system just that quality for customers is listed in the code. However it is not, it is listed as it pertains to food safety not business practice. Does that make sense? I am not sure I am being completely clear and I apologize. 

Cmarti30

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

Also, Im not sure if this helps but currently we match up with the SQF level 2 which states: LEVEL 2 Food Safety Plan (accredited certification, GFSI recognition) Food Quality Plan: This clause is not applied at level 2.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users