Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

Hello all! Currently I am creating a Quality Plan for our Facility based on SQF Principles using HACCP formatting. I have finished a Quality Hazard Analysis on all our systems and now I'm wanting to put any finishing touches on this plan. Currently my plan is to do a HA on all processes, attach the quality check documentation for all products to each process (ie First Article Inspection Forms, Quality Inspection Specification Forms), and attach our Quality Policy Statement to the beginning of this binder.

My question is: Is there anything I'm missing to accurately represent the quality part of this? Should I be attaching Pre-requisites to this as well? Are there other documents or ways to build the Quality Plan that I'm not thinking of? We've already had a desk audit for SQF but haven't had our Facility Audit. The quality plan was our biggest gap. We have all the steps in place just no policy in place to show all the things that we're currently doing. I just don't want to add too much and get bogged down or not add enough to this and have points counted against us when it really counts.

For reference we are a beverage/dairy manufacturing plant. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:14 PM

Hi Heather,

I don't quite understand yr question.

Prerequisites are supposed to be implemented prior to both the HACCP and the Quality Plans. You might say they are "standalone" (module 16 perhaps).   Although in reality, they are apt to be involved in "revalidations".

PS - Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

ChocoTiger

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

heather_j_05,

From the description "Quality Plan for our Facility based on SQF Principles using HACCP formatting", I'm guessing your facility is going for SQF Level 3, correct?

Approaching the Quality Plan the same way you would your Food Safety (HACCP Plan) is correct.  And including the appropriate paperwork is also correct.  Since the Quality Plan is a part of the overall SQF System, you can reference your pre-requisites, but don't need to include them in the plan, as long as they are readily available for the auditor during your Facility Audit.  In  our SQF System Manual, I reference different documents in several different places, but to keep things simple, I only have the documents in one spot, and reference them everywhere else they are mentioned.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users