• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

As one of the many hats i wear here, food safety manager/quality manager, production manager and computer guru.

I have also somehow taken over maintenance as well. I was searching for an alternative to our production and warehouse lighting. I am not a fan of fluorescent lights. They break, burnout, have to monitor them weekly etc..  I got some in last month that are plastic LED T8 5000 Kelvin. They do not require the plastic sleeve because they ARE plastic. I have thrown them, dropped them off our room onto concrete, banged against the building and they still work and are not broken. The cost is about $3.00 a bulb more. They last longer and, by my calculations, will cut our monthly energy cost by over 25%. Maybe this is something other places can look into. It seems to be working out great for us. We didn't need to switch our ballasts out or the fixtures themselves, just put the bulbs in and go! I hope this helps someone out!

Brian

Thanked by 1 Member:

ladytygrr

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 203 posts
  • 65 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, cycling, writing, camping, knitting, movies, music, family + pets, trying to play the guitar

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

Thanks, Brian. We just had somebody mention these to us --- the flexible ones that can bend and be tied into knots, etc...? I've heard great things about them and have them in the back of my head for when it's time for us to upgrade. 

So glad to hear the new bulbs are working out for you; thanks for the recommendation!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the darkest of places if you look at it right. -Grateful Dead

brianweber

Brian

• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

Ha, not quite that flexible. But out of curiosity I just brought one in my office. It has a good amount of flex to it but making a knot out of it would not be possible. I like the fact that they do not shatter.

Brian

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users