Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

I am unfamiliar with the red meat species and have a HACCP plan for poultry slaughter and processing.

If I bring in preseasoned pork to the establishment, treat it as an ingredient,  Is there specifics I should look for beyond the CFIA hazard database

Presence of parasites (Toxoplasma gondii, Trichinella spiralis (pork),Taenia spp., Cysticercus cellulosae (pork) and undeclared soy allergen (?)

Does any one have some cross species experience that can help me avoid any pitfalls, other than segregation, cross contamination normally associated with new ingredients.  

Thanks

Bryan123

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

Turns out we need to submit a function code application so that red meat would be on the license and follow the Manual of Produces, Chapter 2, Section 2.3.2.  and amend the HACCP Plan accordingly.

The amended HACCP Plan would be reviewed and approved prior to commencing this new operation.

JohnWheat

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 60 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My Children, Motorsports, Film, Rita Ora and Mila Kunis :)

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:26 AM

The big 'current' item on the world stage is adulteration. Other than that, treat it as any other ingredient brought in. Due diligence you look to be on top of

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users