• Quick Navigation
Photo

How often is verification or validation of nutritional data required?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

FoodSafety007

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any verification or validation of nutritional data on a finished product necessary in a certain time period. If for example a nutritional testing was conducted for a product at a certified 3rd party laboratory, is there a need to validate or verify the data after a certain time period (after 10 years for example)?

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:20 PM

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any verification or validation of nutritional data on a finished product necessary in a certain time period. If for example a nutritional testing was conducted for a product at a certified 3rd party laboratory, is there a need to validate or verify the data after a certain time period (after 10 years for example)?

Hi FoodSafety007,

I don't know how many ingredients your final product has, but if there have been any changes nutritionally to any of the components (information can be gotten via supplier nutritional statements) in your finished product, I would certainly suggest conducting validation of nutritional data. You could do a verification every 3-5 years just to make sure your product profile hasn't changed. If you have a product that can change nutritionally based on harvest, you may need to do that once a year or so. If you feel 10 years is sufficient for your product, you should probably have the nutritional data to back up the claim that there haven't been nutritional changes historically.

QAGB

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nutritionfacts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users