• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

Hello Everyone,

This is to everyone out there who have taken Six Sigma or other related courses.

Did it help? I'm looking to further increase my understanding and add relevant degrees under the belt and would like your opinion. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. I've looked into ASQ and found several but I am looking for Internally recognized certificates.

Something along the lines of risk management, auditing or continuous improvement perhaps.

Thank you,

Anika

A.Fattah

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:50 AM

Hi Anika,

Six sigma is very useful for the continuous improvement processes.

The belts or grades of six sigma depend on the projects complexity you face like

For quick - win, Yellow belt is ok

For more complexity, green and black belt

and there is master black belt for huge projects.

Hope it help you.

regards

Midooo

Thanked by 1 Member:

Anika

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Midooo!

I was thinking of a green but I'm not sure whether it's a progressive step or I am free to take any. As for Risk management... ISO 31000 seems like a good idea so far. What do you think?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

Anika, If i remember correctly, it is a progressive program with some optional off shoots, you cannot just jump in where you'd like to start as you'll need the foundation steps to understand the process'. I worked for 4 years with a six sigma company with a lots of black belts and an entire six sigma development department. The basic principles of 6sigma will apply to every situation or need....you just change your approach.(hahaha, a very simplified explanation)  There are alot of benefits to applying the principles at home as well!  It is worth the investment

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

A.Fattah

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hi Anika;

Green belt is ok but you should have the fundamentals of the six sigma ( yellow), I agree with participated member that you should took the fundamentals first.

For ISO 31000, it is ok.

In my opinion, a course of Total Quality management (TQM) or Solving problem tools will be more useful as a generic course and for more specialization, you can took a specified course 

angegenet

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:02 AM

I did a Green belt in lean six sigma and it has helped me so much, it was by far the best course I have done and resulted in me getting a promotion from QA assistant to QA Manager. I enjoyed it so much. I wanted a course with a lot of detail , and a course that wasn't just a couple of weeks long, so I ended up doing 2 years of study and 1 year project, The exam has been completed, once my project is done ill be certified :)

I'm currently looking into doing a black belt

Marazul

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ecuador
    Ecuador

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:14 AM

I did a Green belt in lean six sigma and it has helped me so much, it was by far the best course I have done and resulted in me getting a promotion from QA assistant to QA Manager. I enjoyed it so much. I wanted a course with a lot of detail , and a course that wasn't just a couple of weeks long, so I ended up doing 2 years of study and 1 year project, The exam has been completed, once my project is done ill be certified :)

I'm currently looking into doing a black belt

Dear Angegenet,

Could you pls send me the info of this course.

Thanks.

angegenet

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

Hi Marazul

you can find all info at https://www.bmgi.com/ - the green belt taught me so much.

Cheers

Ange

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users