• Quick Navigation
Photo

Storage temperature for mozzarella stuffed peppers in oil?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Andy_Yellows

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Football, Dr Pepper

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hi all,

Recently I noticed that a product we stock was being stored at between 8-10°C and I'm pretty sure that in the past it was even stored at ambient temperature. The product in question is peppers stuffed with mozzarella in oil. Obviously with mozzarella being a soft cheese and the legal limit for storage <8°C, it was pointed out that these should be binned, with the next intake being stored at a lower temperature. My question is this: would the products swimming in oil not prohibit the multiplication of organisms to a level that would mean not needing to have it chilled right down anyway or is that pretty irrelevant given the product in question?

Regards,

Andy

On the Ball, City

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:16 AM

Hi Andy

The advised give to u that the present lot of peppers stuffed with mozzarella in oil should be binned and the new lot should be stored below 80C prefeably below 50C  is correct. I have not seen any published work with indicate that bacterial growth would not happen if the soft cheese is suspended in oil.

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Sydney Australia

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cheese, peppers, oil, bacteria, temperature, storage, organisms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users