• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:37 AM

Hi all,

I'm a QA Executive from a seafood manufacturing company in Malaysia.

We are actually looking to go paperless in our food safety management system, however we found it a bit difficult to implement that especially for our pre-requisite programme such as hygiene and sanitation which requires daily inspection.

I know it's easy to key in data from the inspection into digital checklist, however i'm puzzled on how to present these checklist during audits if i should go paperless.

My company usually will go through several food safety audits such as BRC and IFS every year.

Usually in pre-requisite part, the whole hard copy checklist shall be presented to the auditor.

Therefore i'm stuck here and would appreciate for all the advice i can get to solve my problems.

Thanks. 

Lena Scott

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

You may need to provide a computer in the audit venue wherein the auditor can view all electronic documents of your organization. We do this during certification audits, we also have electronic documents for HACCP. :)

However, you may need to strengthen your control of electronic records to ensure that records cannot be easily altered, secure and backed-up on a defined schedule.

fizzy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

I have implemented paperless at two sites. Simply enter data into computer and produce at audit. So long as vital information such as name, date, status etc are all recorded there should be no problems.

mzenas

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

If you are utilizing a database, there may be the possibility that you can have "reports" produced that you could print out. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users