• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:19 PM

Hello,

Our bakery has purchased a conveyor egg sprayer machine. I am currently trying to finalize an SOP for this piece of equipment.  Eggs, cannot be stored at room temperature for longer than 2 hours or they need to be discarded.

The egg sprayer is turned on and will be used throughout all of our shifts . For the egg sprayer we use pasteurized liquid eggs. When in use the liquid eggs are being cycled through the machine, so the mixture is in motion. More liquid eggs are being used to refill the tank as the eggs are used up on product. Since the eggs are in motion and not simply pooled ( still), how long can we go between cleanings? after 2 hours, 4 hours, after each 8 hour shift?

Does anyone use an conveyor egg sprayer? How often is this cleaned

Thanks for your time.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,425 posts
  • 1503 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

Did the manufacturer not supply at CIP schedule to you with purchase? I would check with them as my first point of contact

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Drmafiaegypt

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

hi 

Actually we don't have in our site this egg sprayer but as I know that you must apply CIP cleaning if the machine stopped for more than 2 hours in the continous working shift .

About the point of complete CIP for the machine ( on daily basis ) you must apply a validation test several times ( 2 , 4 , 6 , 8 till 24 hour ) to find when the bacterial and visual standard was affected , because there is many factors will affect this CIP cleaning .

CaptainVino

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Hi,

My current company has an egg spaying machine which circulates the pasteurised whole liquid egg continuously with a chiller unit for the egg. We have 2 spay/chiller units and swap these over every 4 hours for manual cleaning. We are in a bakery so ambient tremperaturs can get high and we monitor the egg temperature every hour to make sure the egg is kept below 6C.

I hope this helps.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Egg sprayer, EGG Sprayer SOP, Conveyor sanitation, SSOPs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users