• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:03 AM

Hi all,

In standard ISO 22000 has definition about CCPs & oPRPs. And oPRP were be controlled as same as CCPs. But I don't know much and how to identify what's point is CCP and which point is oPRP in processing line.

Thanks!

Charice

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:48 AM

Hi all,

In standard ISO 22000 has definition about CCPs & oPRPs. And oPRP were be controlled as same as CCPs. But I don't know much and how to identify what's point is CCP and which point is oPRP in processing line.

Thanks!

Charice

Hi Charice,

I assume you are familiar with the Standards iso22000 and iso22004 (and hopefully the series iso22002-X) which are related to the offficial answers to yr query.

Unfortunately there is a wide variety of available answers to the simple question "What is the meaning/usage of oprp ?" The nearest official  practical answer is probably that given in iso22004 within the overall framework of iso22000.

You may find these old/new threads of interest -

http://www.ifsqn.com...oprp-selection/

http://www.ifsqn.com...00/#entry104876

If you would like an ultra-simple answer, you might consider that the haccp plan/section of iso22000 (eg sec.7) is motivated to (1) identify significant hazards (SH) and (2) propose validatable control measures (or combinations of control measures) to control the SHs by ensuring that the “level” of the SH complies with a pre-defined  “acceptable” level (associated with the achievance of a “safe” food).

The choice of whether to then designate the proposed control measure in (2) as a CCP (more precisely “associated with”) or an OPRP may then be determined by (a) the requirements in 7.4.4 (a-g), (b) the clauses 7.5/7.6, (c) the relevant clauses in iso22004 Standard.

(I say “may” because alternative ["logical"] interpretations exist which appear to be equally auditorially viable).

As a practical example of the difference in  usages, can see the excel haccp plan here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-7#entry50651

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

My simple definition:

CCP = critical control at a particular point in the process such as pasteurization.

oPRP = prerequisite program that is done for the entire operation such as pest control.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:26 PM