Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

Hello!  I need more meaningful metrics than "PASS/FAIL" for our annual food safety audit.  Any suggestions?  I work in flexible film food packaging.  Would like to incorporate a training metric within food safety.  Thanks!

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:09 PM

Hi CMK8888

First question when developing metrics, what are you trying to measure specifically?

Personnel training retention?

Production problems or unacceptable quality product?

Customer satisfaction?

What "story" do you want your data to tell you once it's analyzed?

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Susank

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:31 PM

Hi CMK8888

The following are common metrics that Ive seen used across many industries as a quality measure:

-Customer complaint numbers

-Recalls/withdrawals/market action

-If you are running a non conformance  or corrective action program- the number of non conformances  or cars you have raised against suppliers and and also internally

-Internal audit schedule compliance

-A metric to measure the housekeeping standards in your area eg gmp inspection results, bag audits etc

-Right first time or a measure of how much product is rejected due to non compliance to specification

To incorporate training into your metrics I would suggest measuring compliance to your HACCP/GMP training program and any other key SOPs you may have.

I would suggest you talk with your management team to determine where you want to focus as a business on improving quality and build your metrics to measure your improvement journey.

Good luck

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users