• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:14 PM

Hi Everyone

I have recently joined my current job, they have metal detection in the meet plant but there are no previous records of validation of the test piece sizes that they are using. Would anyone know how to get around this?

Secondly in our Sauce plant they have been having issues with Pizza Base blowing (swelling up) the micro results show that its Lactobacillus, all investigations done show that the plant pipes are clean, cannot identify any dead ends for microfilm, raw material test come out as clean, packaging material (plastic bottles) used tests come out as clean and only recently the pH has been drifting. Has anyone come across such a problem?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Refilwe

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:20 PM

Hi Everyone

I have recently joined my current job, they have metal detection in the meet plant but there are no previous records of validation of the test piece sizes that they are using. Would anyone know how to get around this?

Secondly in our Sauce plant they have been having issues with Pizza Base blowing (swelling up) the micro results show that its Lactobacillus, all investigations done show that the plant pipes are clean, cannot identify any dead ends for microfilm, raw material test come out as clean, packaging material (plastic bottles) used tests come out as clean and only recently the pH has been drifting. Has anyone come across such a problem?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Refilwe

Hi refile,

Just to be careful with terminologies, by "no previous records of validation of the test piece sizes" do you mean that no records exist of the metal detector's response to the test pieces ?

If so, is the meat process already approved under some particular FS Standard / Regulatory Control, eg USDA, FDA, BRC, SQF ?

I have zero knowledge of a Pizza Process so cannot say much about lactobacillus contamination. What level of counts are involved ? I assume not detectable in the pizza dough (= raw material) ? . Airborne ? Food contact surfaces ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users