• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Hello,

we are having a very difficult time finding a decent GMP training video to supplement our training program. for now, we have a video that involves a worker not following GMP as he makes his way through a meat plant. thing is, we are a brewery and very low risk, and much of the video doesn't apply to us. I find that the videos available are all old and sort of cheesy and boring. They don't catch the audience's attention.

what I'm really looking for is a general (not specific to meat or dairy, etc) GMP video that covers the basic rules of the BRC standard.

again, we are a brewery and low risk. I would really like to show personnel a video that relates more to our industry and the risks associated with the brewing (or similar) industry.

if anyone can suggest a video, or even a YouTube channel, that may work for us, I would be very appreciative!

thank you!!

Liz

chichai

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

Beersafety i think it's better if you do videos on your own plant showing actual personnel practices. From there you can show actual work practices which are compliant or not as to GMP. That's what we did, we took pictures showing practices on production process, sanitation & hygiene, personnel practices, etc.. You just have to work on it for it consumes time on doing your own ppt but its worth the hardwork.  :mwah:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tporter

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:41 AM

Hi Liz,

I work in a brewery as well and have run into the same problem. I ended up creating a PowerPoint presentation that covered the basic GMP requirements as outlined in CFR Title 21 Section 117. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

This is best if you have the resources and time.  If you don't have as much resources you can take pictures and show them in a powerpoint or slideshow.  Pictures are worth a thousands words...and even more valuable when they are of your facility, your process, and your people.

Beersafety i think it's better if you do videos on your own plant showing actual personnel practices. From there you can show actual work practices which are compliant or not as to GMP. That's what we did, we took pictures showing practices on production process, sanitation & hygiene, personnel practices, etc.. You just have to work on it for it consumes time on doing your own ppt but its worth the hardwork.  :mwah:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

OMAFRA has a wonderful recent GMP video that is not commodity specific, if your not in ontario, check with your provincial government....i use a lot of stuff from manitoba as well as it is really well written..They are generally free in the province where you live

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

It will get a laugh or two (which is impressive for the subject matter) and holds my employees attention. It does a really good job of illustrating the point (broken finger nail in salad, cigerette ashes on cutting board, sneezing in hand then fixing your hair etc)

They will all be cheesy lol no way around that

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

beersafety

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

Thank you everyone!

I agree that it's best to make your own, so I think I will give it a whirl! And, thanks to Scampi, I will check out the provincial websites for material as well.

Thanks again! I really appreciate all of your suggestions.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users