• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

Good Morning,

My company is in the process of switching over to SQF.  I was wondering if titanium dioxide needed to be stored in the chemical cage or can it be in our 'spice room' with the other ingredients?  Thank you!

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

Good Morning,

My company is in the process of switching over to SQF.  I was wondering if titanium dioxide needed to be stored in the chemical cage or can it be in our 'spice room' with the other ingredients?  Thank you!

Hi Egriff4,

I'd say you could store it in your spice room with the other ingredients as long as it is indeed a food grade ingredient. We store our bagged food grade titanium dioxide with other dry bagged items; chemical or otherwise.

We do have a secondary container policy, in which all food grade chemicals must be stored in a secondary container that is different from other secondary containers. We don't segregate their storage though.

The only chemicals we keep in our actual chemical cage are sanitizers and heavy duty cleaners. However, if you have a "chemical cage" for food grade chemicals, that would be a great place to keep it for segregation and security purposes.

QAGB

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users