• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Hi all,

Hope you all are fine and in good spirits!

My question is "A contract manufacturer/own manufacturer of foods and supplements, are they required to have their own raw material specification sheets for all the ingredients that come into their warehouse or they use?" 

Additional information: Manufacturer qualifies most of their suppliers. All their suppliers are required to provide spec sheets and CoAs and any other documentation (GM statements, country of origin and other certifications if any).

Thank you, 

AK

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:46 PM

Hi all,

My question is "A contract manufacturer/own manufacturer of foods and supplements, are they required to have their own raw material specification sheets for all the ingredients that come into their warehouse or they use?" 

Additional information: Manufacturer qualifies most of their suppliers. All their suppliers are required to provide spec sheets and CoAs and any other documentation (GM statements, country of origin and other certifications if any).

Thank you, 

AK

Hi Abdulla,

Pls inform if any specific FS Standard is involved or not ? (may increase relevance of replies if the former)

PS - it may also depend on what kind of products you are referring.?

IMEX raw seafood processing, mutually agreed raw material specs are involved.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Abdulla.khan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

Hi Charles, 

Everything is dry food, no sea-food, no dairy or meats. Manufacturer is NSF certified and USDA organic certified.

Thank you,
AK

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

Hi Abdulla,

i deduce you are asking as to whether NSF requires a manufacturer to have raw material spec.sheets for incoming ingredients.

I guess it depends on the NSF Standard which unfortunately I am not familiar with.

However IMO the typical generic answer to yr query would be yes

Some other poster may be more knowledgeable on NSF Standard. ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

jesparza73

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

Hi Abdulla

NSF standards it's not specific in some items. You can try a generic raw materials information. This could works for any auditor.

Tech sheet

MSDS

COA

Guarantee letter

HACCP Plan

Allergen letter

Organic certificate

FSSC, SQF, IFS, BRC or other certificate

This works for me.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:40 AM

For your own sake request certificate of insurance as well with your company name.

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

I would say that they should have specs for any material that they purchase.  However, you may want to state quality and food safety expectations for materials they purchase.

If you are providing the materials, then I would give them a copy of your specs or something similar if you need to maintain confidentiality.

Mesha

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 71 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:52 AM

Hi all,

Thank you, 

AK

Hi Abdullah,

Are they accepting CoAs against supplier's specification ? Is the supplier's specification endorsed by the manufacturer ? Do they have systems to keep a track of supplier's specification revision on the parameters specified ?

I think if they have their own specification then same quality of supplies are expected till they revise specification. Consistency in RM supplies is ensured.

Regards,

Regards,

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users