dragon_flyjan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hello

Can anyone tell me the best wat of setting out the necessary prerequisites, I know what needs to go in but should they be set out as in the previous HACCP requirements with controls, limits and responsible person etc.
Many thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

Hello

Can anyone tell me the best wat of setting out the necessary prerequisites, I know what needs to go in but should they be set out as in the previous HACCP requirements with controls, limits and responsible person etc.
Many thanks

Hello DF,

Can you try to be a little more clear with your question; I think maybe this is why you've not had an answer.

Welcome to the forums. :thumbup:

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

dragon_flyjan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

Hello

Many thanks

OK For example - micro growth is controlled by temperature set out in an operational procedure ref ... Do I have to say in my prerequisits just that, or do I have to specify seperately the temp requirements and what happens if there is a breach. Thanks

garyandrews

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:39 PM

OK For example - micro growth is controlled by temperature set out in an operational procedure ref ... Do I have to say in my prerequisits just that, or do I have to specify seperately the temp requirements and what happens if there is a breach. Thanks

Dragon,

It probably worth looking at the definition of a pre-requisites to help clarify the matter. This being...

"A set of control measures which you would expect to find in place in any food business, whether you are using HACCP or not, and which is applicable to all points throuhout the business. Assessing/Evaluating effectiveness of these controls e.g. by Critical limits may not be appropriate and may even be impossible."

Examples might include, pest control, personal hygiene, waste management, training programmes, supplier assessment etc...

The use of generic controls is ultimatley a tool to avoid repetition in a HACCP study, allowing greater concentration on specific critical control points which HACCP was designed for.

Therfore you must ask yourself the following questions,

Is this a critical control point or not?
Is this a specifc issue relating to a specific part of the process or repetitive throught the process?

Is this any clearly for you dragon?

Regards,

Gary.

dragon_flyjan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:11 PM

Dragon,
It probably worth looking at the definition of a pre-requisites to help clarify the matter. This being...

"A set of control measures which you would expect to find in place in any food business, whether you are using HACCP or not, and which is applicable to all points throuhout the business. Assessing/Evaluating effectiveness of these controls e.g. by Critical limits may not be appropriate and may even be impossible."

Examples might include, pest control, personal hygiene, waste management, training programmes, supplier assessment etc...

The use of generic controls is ultimatley a tool to avoid repetition in a HACCP study, allowing greater concentration on specific critical control points which HACCP was designed for.

Therfore you must ask yourself the following questions,

Is this a critical control point or not?
Is this a specifc issue relating to a specific part of the process or repetitive throught the process?

Is this any clearly for you dragon?

Regards,
Gary.

Thanks Gary that does help
regards

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

Here is a news story from Bulgaria.

Soda Drinker Hospitalised after Poisoning

Bulgaria in Brief: 6 May 2006, Saturday.

A woman from Petrich was hospitalised after apparent poisoning with Soda Kinley drink. The woman suffered burnings of her gullet after engulfing the drink, which is supposed to have contained caustic soda. A representative of the producer Coca-Cola met with the woman on Saturday assuring her that the company was undertaking all necessary measures to investigate the reasons of the incident. A team of the Blagoevgrad Public Health Inspectorate also launched a check in the store, where the woman bought a bottle of Soda Kinley, the press office of Health Ministry announced.

In our factory the caustic cleaning procedure is included in our prerequisites. What do you think?

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

In our factory the caustic cleaning procedure is included in our prerequisites. What do you think?

When I was a little lad I played football for my local cub scouts 1st Clifton. One day we were playing another cub scout troop 9th Shawnee I think; at half time there were the usual oranges and large plastic cannisters of water. One poor lad on the opposing team took a big glug of what he thought was cool refreshing water, but it turned out to be caustic soda. He lived and is alive today as far as I know, but he was in agony and it made a mess of his insides that required years of hospital treatment.

A simple mix up of unlabelled containers.

I think you're right to include it Yorky.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users