• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hello,

Can you please tell me how to do a mock recall? to do it i have to inform the customer and my colleagues that it is a test (warhouse, sales, logistic)?

Thank you for your help

mohamed gamal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

Hi,

I am not an expert, but let me share what I know, other mates may correct me, if wrong.

To do a recall program, you should first have a strong/effective tractability system either paper or computer based, on which you will build up the recall prog.

Mock recall is just a test for the efficiency of recall prog.

you should do all the steps that you are supposed to do in case of a true recall, except notification of the customer/media etc.

in another word, choose an Item (preferred to be a FG)

then test the ability of your plant to trace back and track forward this item, to detect which batches of RM used and how much remaining of these batches/lots of RM & the FG, how much produced, how much is on hold, how much still in hand, how much was dispatched and when did all this happened.

for the amount of FG that was dispatched, you should be able to know where is it now.

this all should be done in a time frame which is usually 4 hours, but some customers/cert reuire it to be done only within 2 hours.

Of course, the mock recall should be shared with the relevant departments mainly quality, production and ((logistics & warehouse)), no one call do all of that on their own

at the end make a summary sheet/report for all what you did.

PS, for the FG dispatched, it's better to write down the contacts (mail/phone) for location where the product is.

FG = finished good

RM= raw material

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

Hello,

Can you please tell me how to do a mock recall? to do it i have to inform the customer and my colleagues that it is a test (warhouse, sales, logistic)?

Thank you for your help

Afaik the activities described in previous post are typical but the exact requirements can vary depending on who you are doing it for, eg which FS standard.

IMEX and based on posts in this forum the degree of (auditor expectation of) involvement with the customer can vary from 0 to 100% and may again depend on yr FS Standard. If customers are involved some care may be required so as to avoid "panic" and mis-interpretations/actions.

There are many, many examples of mock recall procedures/records on this forum. I suggest you search a little.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Typically you do not contact the customer.  However, as previously mentioned it depends on the standard for the audit scheme or the customer audit.

If you do plan to "test" your customer contacts you can simply do this by verifying you have the appropriate contact information for that customer in the event you have to institute a recall or product withdrawal.

In our last SQF audit the auditor did have us contact various regulatory and emergency agencies regarding our product recall program and our food defense plan.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users