• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Hello, 

I would like your opinion on a topic. We are currently developing the ISO 22000 manual for a Trading company, ( a company that sells the products under its brand name, but does none of the actual manufacturing). I was wondering how should  cluster 7-Planning and Realisation of safe products be filled. Should the trading company develop a HACCP system or should it rely on the one the outsourcers apply?

Thank you for your time.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hi Karolos,

:welcome: 

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

It would depend on the operation but I guess these elements would be need to be covered off at the suppliers and supplier assurance procedures ensure compliance. However I would check with your proposed certification body if the operation falls within the scope of ISO 22000.

All requirements of ISO 22000 are:
generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations in the food chain regardless of size and complexity. This includes organizations directly or indirectly involved in one or more steps of the food chain. Organizations that are directly involved include, but are not limited to, feed producers, harvesters, farmers, producers of ingredients, food manufacturers, retailers, food services, catering services, organizations providing cleaning and sanitation services, transportation, storage and distribution services. Other organizations that are indirectly involved include, but are not limited to, suppliers of equipment, cleaning and sanitizing agents, packaging material, and other food contact materials.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hassan2017

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

Good morning Karolos,

Well as Tony Mentioned , even though! and since you are indirectly related to the Food industries which applicable for you to implement ISO22000 ..

Any Clause in the standard if not applicable for you to implement , you have to mention that on your Manual referring to the procedure that your Vendor do apply this clause on their facilities and you make an annual Audit either by your company or a 2nd party Audit provider.

Regards

Dr Hassan

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

Good morning Karolos,

Well as Tony Mentioned , even though! and since you are indirectly related to the Food industries which applicable for you to implement ISO22000 ..

Any Clause in the standard if not applicable for you to implement , you have to mention that on your Manual referring to the procedure that your Vendor do apply this clause on their facilities and you make an annual Audit either by your company or a 2nd party Audit provider.

Regards

Dr Hassan

Hi Hassan,

I think the first paragraph of previous Post was the Priority, ie -

It would depend on the operation but I guess these elements would be need to be covered off at the suppliers and supplier assurance procedures ensure compliance. However I would check with your proposed certification body if the operation falls within the scope of ISO 22000.

It may be significant that there has been no follow-up.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hassan2017

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

Hi Charles,

I was talking in general but that is so True! this clause in particular necessary to ensure conformity of the implemented system.

Thank you

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users