• IFSQN Associate
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

Hi,

We showed to our consultant our sign in sheet; and he said we need to revise per BRC standards.  Our audit is next week. Does anybody has a sample of this sheet that I can use as reference?

Thank you!

Angel

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

The Standard does not specify what needs to be on a visitor log. It just states that "A visitor reporting system shall be in place."

Any log that shows Date, visitor name, person being seen, reason for visit, time in and time out should be sufficient.

The important thing is that time in and time out for all visitors be filled in.

Marshall

Thanked by 1 Member:

iwonakozlowska

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Poland
    Poland

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:59 AM

We put in some points basic rules (most are hygiene rules) which can be appropriate for visitors and we ask to sign them, put some date, name (and also company name), and reason of the visit, time in and time out.

This is very simple sheet.

Thanked by 1 Member:

senchanaturals

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Thank you both so much! 

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

See attached.

Attached Files

senchanaturals

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

Thank you Ryan! 

dlj

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:22 AM

Hi this is the sheet we have used for quite some time now without any problems.

HYGIENE REQUIREMENTS FOR VISITORS

1 Smoking is not permitted anywhere on site.

2 Nuts or any foods containing nuts/nut based products are not permitted on site.

3 Watches, necklaces, bracelets, cufflinks, etc are not permitted within production areas. Only plain band wedding rings and a single pair of sleeper earrings are exempt.

4 Clean company provided protective clothing is to be worn at all times in the production areas. This includes overalls and hairnets, which cover the ears. Visitors with beards are required to wear snoods.

5 On entering any production area hands must be thoroughly washed using the bactericide soap supplied.

6 Chewing, eating and drinking is prohibited in the production areas. Water may be drunk using the conical cups provided.

7 Cuts and sores must be covered with a blue waterproof dressing, obtainable from first aid facility.

8 Are you currently, or have you recently suffered from:

(a) Gastroenteritis Yes/No*
(b) Food poisoning, including sickness and diarrhoea Yes/No*
© Severe discharge from the eyes, nose or ears Yes/No*
(d) Severe skin infection Yes/No*

*Delete as applicable (This section must be completed)
If the answer to any of the above is yes, you must inform your company host.

9 If a contractor have you completed:
Contractor Hygiene & Environmental Checklist form Yes/No

xxxxxxx
Site Director

Name:...……………………………. Signed:……...………………………………

Company:………………………….. Date:....……………………………………...

Signed on behalf of xxxxxxxx…………………………………

Hope this helps

Thanked by 3 Members:

OVA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

Isn't there a requirement to make visitors aware of allergen practices on site?  We have 2 documents we ask visitors to sign - the health declaration /questionnaire and our code of practice for visitors and contractors which includes the above and:

• Nails must be clean and short.  Nail varnish and false nails are not permitted.  If you are unable to comply with this you must not handle product and wear gloves while on the production floor.
  • Excessive perfume or aftershave is not permitted.
  • False eyelashes are not permitted
  • All protective clothing must be removed when leaving the production floor (including when leaving for a break) and coats, shoes and ear muffs must be returned to the person who issued them to you. (I don't know how many times I have seen maintenance contractors roaming around in PPE!!)
  • Do not wear protective clothing while smoking. (ditto above)
  • Please do not bring nuts or foods containing nuts on site.
  • We handle a number of allergens on site.  Cross-contamination of product is possible and potentially extremely serious if allergens are not handled correctly.
  • Staff involved in handling allergens wear red gloves/ oversleeves/ aprons.  Please do not enter areas where allergens are being handled unless your host has given permission to do so and you are wearing the appropriate red PPE which must be removed when you are finished in the area.
  • The use of photographic and/or recording equipment (including mobile phones) is not permitted without the permission of management.
  • If your visit requires the use of photographic and/or recording equipment please note that it may be subject to inspection pre- and post- visit to the production areas to ensure that it does not pose a threat to product.
  • Please note CCTV is in use in all areas of the factory, internal and external.

Thanked by 1 Member:

jaygil

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

One more tip - be sure that when your auditor shows up, that he/she has to sign on on your log, and you review any requirements listed on it with him/her, and that they comply with those requirements. Also BRC wants to be sure no one brings in any infectious illness (7.3.2), but with HIPPA we can't really ask, so I always make a point of looking at them and saying, " Well, you look healthy to me, we don't want anyone to come in if they have any of the symptoms we list here which would put our product safety at risk,", then a pause and they usually assure me that they are fine (an auditor once suggested that I do that, so I have ever since - CYA. Seems to work ok)

Good luck on your audit!

Thanked by 1 Member:

praveennagh

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

Angel,

I agree with your consultant, BRC requires you to put information like ' sick cannot enter the plant, also, section 7 (under medical screening) you need to list the symptoms of sickness. Which typically is posted along with 'visitors sign in sheet'

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:48 AM

Hi sechanaturals,

I liked the format of Ryan's form but i note it omits any illness-related questions (eg Post 7) which IMEX are standard and considered important. Omission is possibly due comments below.

This kind of query/form format has been discussed here before particularly in the context of Company regulations for new employees. As per post 9, USA appears to have considerable limitations on what questions may legally be asked.

Whether the same logic applies to (US) "visitors" I am unaware but seems logical. ?

I note BRC7 does have an allergen comment (see Post 8) and also has this text  -

Where permitted by law, visitors shall be required to complete a health questionnaire or otherwise confirm that they are not suffering from any symptoms which may put product safety at risk, prior to entering the raw material, preparation, processing, packing and storage areas.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

Yes, no reference to health on the form I posted.  However, we address that in our GMP's and also post the GMP requirement at the reception desk where all visitors sign in.  So, by them affirming they have read and understood the GMP's they are affirming the following as it relates to their health:

"Any visitor who have been exposed or show symptoms of potential source of microbial or viral contamination will not be admitted into the facility.  Visitors must disclose any potential they may have as a carrier of microbial or viral contamination."

There are 13 additional items visitors must read and adhere to in regards to our GMP's.

Currently, we have updated the process and use an iPad with an app called Proxyclick.  It is a really neat app and is free.  However, the free version has some restrictions on it, but if you go with a paid subscription for the service there are a lot of neat and very slick features.  What I really like about it is the notification where an email and/or text is sent to the person the visitor is planning to see/visit.  The visitors are required to go through a check in process which has a sign off requirement for liability, but you can customize this with the paid subscription.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hi Ryan,

Thks for clarification.

IMEX the truncated but more specific version as illustrated in Post 8 is more common. I guess it depends on how much coverage you choose to aim for.

Either way, as per MEX, the result is probaly, invariably, identical. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

GPG

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

Hello,

Does anyone have an example of the GMP they have visitors review when signing in as a visitor?    We are planning to warehouse packaged goods no manufacturing.

thanks

TonyaKelley

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

Thank you so much for the help!!   :happydance:

cuong0000

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

Isn't there a requirement to make visitors aware of allergen practices on site?  We have 2 documents we ask visitors to sign - the health declaration /questionnaire and our code of practice for visitors and contractors which includes the above and:

• Nails must be clean and short.  Nail varnish and false nails are not permitted.  If you are unable to comply with this you must not handle product and wear gloves while on the production floor.
  • Excessive perfume or aftershave is not permitted.
  • False eyelashes are not permitted
  • All protective clothing must be removed when leaving the production floor (including when leaving for a break) and coats, shoes and ear muffs must be returned to the person who issued them to you. (I don't know how many times I have seen maintenance contractors roaming around in PPE!!)
  • Do not wear protective clothing while smoking. (ditto above)
  • Please do not bring nuts or foods containing nuts on site.
  • We handle a number of allergens on site.  Cross-contamination of product is possible and potentially extremely serious if allergens are not handled correctly.
  • Staff involved in handling allergens wear red gloves/ oversleeves/ aprons.  Please do not enter areas where allergens are being handled unless your host has given permission to do so and you are wearing the appropriate red PPE which must be removed when you are finished in the area.
  • The use of photographic and/or recording equipment (including mobile phones) is not permitted without the permission of management.
  • If your visit requires the use of photographic and/or recording equipment please note that it may be subject to inspection pre- and post- visit to the production areas to ensure that it does not pose a threat to product.
  • Please note CCTV is in use in all areas of the factory, internal and external.

Thank OOK . It's clearly.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users